Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOE and CTR

Feedback Score

MOE and CTR

Whats the difference here function wise??

Thanks,
    B

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    the MOE version lacks the locking system and QD sling swivel attachment point
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    The CTR has a friction lock and a mount for a QD sling mount. I hear the CTR locks up tighter then the MOE. I have the MOE and there is a slight wiggle but not enough for me to complain about it.

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine has a MOE and I really like it. Just curious about the CTR. His MOE locks up without any wobble.

Thanks for the info.

B

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The MOE is .5oz lighter as well.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For what it's worth, my MOE locks up with absolutely no rotational or side-to-side wiggle. It has a very slight forward and back movement to it that I'm sure the friction lock on the CTR would solve, but not enough for me to care. I love my MOE.

When I was buying, I probably would have gone with the CTR just because I usually want "the best" but I couldn't find it anywhere in Foliage. The MOE was out there in Foliage though, so I went with it. I'm glad it turned out that way though because I think it's great and I saved money in the end without feeling like I missed out on anything.

And yes, I've played with a CTR as well.

Feedback Score
    The MOE is really good. Just like the post above me, I can't for the life of me find a foliage CTR, then I stumbled on an MOE at 2/3 the price. No regrets. Locks up solid enough. Now if I can only find an MOE grip in the same color.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    For what it's worth, my MOE locks up with absolutely no rotational or side-to-side wiggle. It has a very slight forward and back movement to it that I'm sure the friction lock on the CTR would solve, but not enough for me to care. I love my MOE.
    This is exactly my experience with my milspec MOE on a BCM milspec RE.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I did the same as some others and picked up a FG MOE after not locating a FG CTR.

I liked the MOE so much i ended up trading my black CTR from another AR for a second MOE.

I couldnt tell the friction lock was missing when actually shooting.The MOE still locks up rather nicely without the lock.

It's a little lighter.

I dont like my sling mounted to the stock anyway.

Got a new mag in the trade.

At this point i prefer the MOE over the CTR(slightly).
    Last edited by Jerm; 05-31-09 at 16:25.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I wouldn't turn around for the difference in the two, especially if I didn't care about the sling attachment point. I have one CTR that I've had since they first hit the market and it's my favorite stock overall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast