Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 23 and Mounted Light

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Glock 23 and Mounted Light

I realize that there have been numerous documented failures with Glock 22s and attached lights. Do the same problems exist when you attach a light to the 21 or 23?

Feedback Score
    Don't know about the 21 but my 23 experienced major malfunctions with a Surefire x200 attached. It was reliable otherwise.

Feedback Score
    I have several friends at my office that are Glock Armorers and they say all you have to do is get the stronger mag springs…..I have them in all my Glock 31 mags…..I have a Surefire x300 on my gun and one Glock Armorer I was telling you about has one on his Glock 22…..Other Sgt has a Long Slide with a Streamlight on his…..no issues so far for either of us…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I haven't had any issues with an TLR1, M3 or a Surefire X300. I currently have the X300 attached. I have mags with #6 and #8 followers and it works just fine. However, I did have problems with the M6 light. My advice is to buy the one you want, take it to the range and shoot lots of round through your gun before making a decision to leave the light on your gun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been running a Glock 21 with first a X200 and now a X300 for the past three years, have a little over 5k rounds through the gun and I have not had one FTF or FTE.

I believe the function issues are specific to the 40 S&W Glocks and are solved by changing the mag springs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Springs don't always solve the problem, do a search here and other forums, lots of info.
    Its the .40's in general, and them not every individual gun, but more then enough to raise concerns.

Bob

Feedback Score
    I've got an X300 on my G23. I've put 400 rounds through it, all with the light attached. I've had one failure to return to battery shooting off hand. For what it's worth it was bought new in December this year. A coworker has a G23 with a TLR2 attached and I've seen her have one failure while qualifying. Recently she switched over to a G21 (which is what I carry at work) after she qualified on a night course and was shooting winclean and had 12 failures out of a 25 round qual. Her G23 is a few years old though. A glock rep. came to the department last week and inspected any glock any officer wanted to have looked at. I didn't worry about it since my G23 is only 5 months old.
    I'll keep my Freedom, my Guns and my Money, you can keep THE CHANGE.

Feedback Score
    If I were you pigglet, I would try shooting some weak hand drills again. If you get another/more malfunctions, I would not trust your G23. Try it without the light to and see if you have any. If you only have some with the light on, I would take it off. 1 malfunction in 400 rounds is too many if it is indeed the light.

As mentioned, the mag springs isn't a guaranteed fix. Check out 10-8 forums and the threads on the subject over there.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seang View Post
    If I were you pigglet, I would try shooting some weak hand drills again. If you get another/more malfunctions, I would not trust your G23. Try it without the light to and see if you have any. If you only have some with the light on, I would take it off. 1 malfunction in 400 rounds is too many if it is indeed the light.

As mentioned, the mag springs isn't a guaranteed fix. Check out 10-8 forums and the threads on the subject over there.

I reviewed the threads over at 10-8 Forums as well as past threads here. That research mainly mentioned the Glock 22 in combination with a light. I found very little that discussed either the 23 or the 21 with a light attached.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seang View Post

I would definitely say 1 malfunction in 400 is too many. I will admit that I wasn't focusing too much on form when I was shooting off hand and will continue to shoot with the light attached and see how it works out next time shooting off hand with more support behind the gun. That being said, I carry a G21 on duty with no problems, and will continue to carry my p220r carry model off duty. I have no doubt if I remove the light from my G23 it will function fine and if that's what it takes I'll do it.
    I'll keep my Freedom, my Guns and my Money, you can keep THE CHANGE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast