Thread: 77 Grain?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

77 Grain?

Hi everyone,

I have a LMT 16 inch M4 upper with 1/7 twist. Can I shoot the 69-77 grain range of ammo? I was told by someone (who I dont trust to begin with) that I need some special chamber like wiley or something in order to do this. This is not true right?

Thanks,
    -B
    Its not the arrow, its the Indian...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    wylde chambers exist, but they dont have anything to do with shooting 77 grain.
    you can shoot 77 just fine.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bpurcg19 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a LMT 16 inch M4 upper with 1/7 twist. Can I shoot the 69-77 grain range of ammo? I was told by someone (who I dont trust to begin with) that I need some special chamber like wiley or something in order to do this. This is not true right?

Thanks,
    -B
    You can shoot up to 80gr ammo with no issues if you like.

The person that told that info should be avoided.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah hes a gun smith around here who runs a "tactical" shop full of blackhawk and condor junk. Hes been wrong on just about everything he's ever told me. The only reason I go in there is to get Pmags but even that had changed now.

Thanks for the help guys,
    -B
    Its not the arrow, its the Indian...

Feedback Score
    The guy is putting the cart before the horse. The heavy bullets started out for long range shooting in matches for things like NRA Highpower rifles. To get the most out of them the chamber and how far off the lands the bullet is were important. For a 16 inch M4, it really doesn't matter. The 1/7 will stabilize that long of a round.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.