Thread: Raven Concealment Phantom Holster

Feedback Score

Raven Concealment Phantom Holster

Alright guys, I seem to be having a crappy month when it comes to new gear, Im sure most of you saw my posts about my LMT lower endplate issue. I recently purchased a phantom holster from RCS for my Sig SP2022 .40 caliber. I know that isn't one of the more popular self defense pistols however out of all my metal frame sigs or my glocks its still my favorite. I have 4750 rounds downrange +- a couple with 0 issues (knock on wood, not my month).

The phantom holster that I bought was built in a kydex press of some sort I assume as it follows every contour exactly. The fit and finish are excellent and the comfort exceptional but for 1 issue. The Sig Pro series uses a push-through slide stop/takedown pin rather than the rotating take down lever common to the metal frame Sig Pistols. When they moulded the holster I believe that they used a press on the right side of the pistol and didn't have a sturdy enough backing on the left side resulting in the Slide Stop/Take Down Pin being pushed to the left of the pistol past the detent that holds this lever in place. The Holster being moulded this way isn't immediately apparent as there is enough flexibility in the kydex and enough tension on the detent to prevent the slide stop from popping out of place when only inserted in the holster. The problem becomes very apparent however, if you draw the pistol from the holster when wearing it, as the extra pressure from your body and belt force the holster to press the slide stop out of place. As you can imagine this is a very bad thing in a self defense situation as at best your slide will not lock back on empty and at worse will disassemble itself while firing.

I understand that with the recent holidays everyone is quite busy however I have left several emails and voice messages with RCS describing the issue to them over the last month with no reply and I am now becoming frustrated. This is the second high dollar top of the line product with a great reputation that I have had an issue with in less than a month. I am positive that this problem stems from a lack of familiarity with my pistol as it is not as popular as other models and not from a failure of RCS' QC practices. I want this holster to work for me as in my eyes it is the perfect solution for concealed carry. Since I can not successfully get a response from the company is anyone familiar with kydex aware of a way for me to heat and remold my kydex holster without damaging it?

PS god hates me I believe in buying the best solution/system/product available to meet my needs and twice in one month I receive defective products from companies with top of the line reputations (who are not cheap to purchase from). Next week my wife's toyota will probably die and magpul will probably send me a PMAG that holds 13 rounds lol

As always, stay safe!

Last edited by NinjaMedic; 03-13-09 at 14:00.

Feedback Score
    You can get a pencil tourch and heat it up and smooth out the depression with some gloves on I think or if you have a heat gun the same way. Pencil tourch will be able to heat it up more precisly and quicker though.

Hope that help.

Feedback Score
    Thanks I will give it a try!