Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steyr AUG's coming in January

Feedback Score

Steyr AUG's coming in January

So not only are we getting real deal AUG's built to the correct spec, but they are being built by one of the best arms manufacturers to pop up in recent years...Sabre Defense...

Sabre Defence Industries Announces Production of the Steyr AUG

Monday, November 03, 2008 - Sabre Defence Industries

Nashville, TN

Sabre Defence Industries, LLC is proud to announce the final production stages of the Steyr AUG rifle to be supplied and distributed through Steyr Arms, Inc. The newly produced AUG rifles are expected to be ready for distribution by January 2009. “We were honored to be selected by Steyr-Mannlicher, Gmbh to manufacture the AUG in our state of the art facility. In the process of making this icon of assault rifles, we have blended the proven and classic features with modern manufacturing techniques to make this what we believe to be the best AUG ever produced.” - says Sabre Defence Industries principal Guy Savage. More information can be obtained through Steyr Arms, Inc. at 205-467-6544.

About Sabre Defence Industries:
    Founded in the USA in 2002, Sabre Defence Industries, LLC, manufactures precision engineered rifles and assemblies for responsible civilians, law enforcement and the military.

About Steyr Arms, Inc:
    Steyr Arms, Inc. is the sole importer and wholesaler of firearms into the USA from Steyr-Mannlicher, Gmbh located just outside Steyr, Austria. Steyr Arms, Inc sells firearms for both the civilian market as well as Military and Law Enforcement Divisions.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can't wait for the details to come out. I'm really hoping you can make them Lefty friendly. Looks like they went with the Steyr mags too.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Will these take AR mags?

Feedback Score
    OK, now we will have three AUG rifles in the market. Two of which use expensive proprietary mags, and one of which uses ar15 mags but is more than 2 grand so you're not really saving any money.

I guess that's just how it goes. Otherwise we would just be buying up AK's. I still think the situation sucks though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Will these take AR mags?
    They look like AUG mags in the picture
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    If they can make one with a trigger that doesn't suck and at some type of reasonable price point then I would be interested.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    OK, now we will have three AUG rifles in the market. Two of which use expensive proprietary mags, and one of which uses ar15 mags but is more than 2 grand so you're not really saving any money.

I guess that's just how it goes. Otherwise we would just be buying up AK's. I still think the situation sucks though.
    I'm confused...You think marketplace options suck or you just think it sucks that some guns cost more than you are willing to pay?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    If they can make one with a trigger that doesn't suck and at some type of reasonable price point then I would be interested.
    Isn't a trigger that sucks usually a hall mark of the bull pup design because of all the linkages?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    +1

i seem to recall a vendor advertising in small arms review that is offering an improved trigger. but those factory triggers suck butt.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewdanger View Post
    Isn't a trigger that sucks usually a hall mark of the bull pup design because of all the linkages?
    Yes.

That's why I said if they can resolve that issue I'm in. If not... I have no need for a carbine with a shit trigger.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast