Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upper/lower wiggle

Feedback Score

Upper/lower wiggle

Is there anything you can do about some wiggle between upper and lower?It really doesn't brother me but if there is a fix I would like to look in to it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "Accuwedge"

Oh, and before you start trying to trim material to make it fit, turn it the other way.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    There is really nothing to fix and a certain amount if "play" is a good thing.

C4

Feedback Score
    Is it worth buying. Its not bad I was just wondering if you could do something about it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    At $5 it's not bad.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Leave it alone.

This is your first AR, right? At first, the wiggle may seem annoying, but once you start shooting ARs a lot you won't even notice it anymore. As Grant said, a little "play" between the upper and lower is a good thing, and it's part of the design. I've seen some ARs that were very tight, or that guys jammed Accuwedges in, and once the gun heated up from a decent bit of firing they could be a real PITA to get apart if you had a problem. Also, if anything goes wrong and that Accuwedge gets damaged or chewed up, you can get wonderful little bits of red rubber or whatever down inside your lower that could potentially work themselves into the trigger and hammer area and screw things up big time. I actually saw that happen once.

That's my advice.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Leave it alone and just shoot the shit out of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilson View Post
    At $5 it's not bad.
    Only problem I see is pressing the lower and upper away from each other. This could cause pre-mature wear.

I'd also be worried of the wedge coming loose and locking up the trigger mechanisms. Just like a primer falling into the lower.

I used an accuwedge once on a large pin upper to small pin lower. I also had a pin offset adapter. Any normal amount of play would not worry me enough to use something that could potentially down the rifle.

Feedback Score
    Do yourself a favor and leave the rifle as is. I have been working on these guns since the 80's as a department armorer and they are just not needed. It has already been pointed out that they could potentially cause issues down the road.

Feedback Score
    If it bothers you that much, go to Ace Hardware or Home Depot and buy a #7 o-ring for 20 cents. Take your upper off your lower. Put the O-ring around your front lug on the upper. Put them back together. It will tighten it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast