Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noveske 11.5 SS Barrel Problems?

Feedback Score

Question Noveske 11.5 SS Barrel Problems?

I have a close friend that took his brand new 11.5 Noveske gun to a combat course last month. After the first 300+ rounds with intermittent breaks the rifle started to keyhole. Subsequently there after the barrel would keyhole rounds after getting mildly hot even the following day. We are trying to determine if this is an isolated problem with what seems to be just a bad barrel. FOR THE RECORD: He has other Noveske products that have worked fine throughout training. But in that session he had to rely on a colt back-up upper.
    Thanks, C
    Where am I? Why is everyone wearing gray and eating Soilent Green? What is that stuff made of?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbD5R95feLI
    جئت تشيو اللبان "فقاعة" أو إعطاء دفعة قوية الحمار. لدي الآن أي صمغ "فقاعة"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CQB
    But in that session he had to rely on a colt back-up upper.
    Well, at least he had a Colt.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CQB
    I have a close friend that took his brand new 11.5 Noveske gun to a combat course last month. After the first 300+ rounds with intermittent breaks the rifle started to keyhole. Subsequently there after the barrel would keyhole rounds after getting mildly hot even the following day. We are trying to determine if this is an isolated problem with what seems to be just a bad barrel. FOR THE RECORD: He has other Noveske products that have worked fine throughout training. But in that session he had to rely on a colt back-up upper.
    Thanks, C

I believe that PacNor sent Noveske some bad steel awhile back so he might want to check with John.

C4

Feedback Score
    Had a buddy that had the same problem with his Noveske 12.5, key holed after 3500 rounds.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Remove the flash suppressor and make sure that there's not a ton of carbon built up between the flash suppressor and barrel. I've seen carbon built up there so bad that bullets were impacting it and keyholing at 25yds. After cleaning it group returned to normal and no more keyholing.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Has John Noveske been contacted at all, prior to posting here?

If not, why not?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN
    Has John Noveske been contacted at all, prior to posting here?

If not, why not?
    John is aware and has been very responsive. Wondering who else is all.
    Thanks,
    Where am I? Why is everyone wearing gray and eating Soilent Green? What is that stuff made of?

Feedback Score
    John Noveske didn't replace the barrel. He just offered to give him a discount off a new one.
    PS.
    The Pac blanks were only 8 units. This was not one of them. Moral of the whole story: make sure you dont buy John's 416steel he has upgraded to a harder steel now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, and that new steel is $600 extra per barrel. Noveske barrels are good to go as is.

Feedback Score
    How could PacNor send Noveske bad steel if Noveske is shipping them the steel to be turned into blanks? Or am I misunderstanding and Grant is implying PacNor cut the blanks incorrectly?

How come Noveske isn't replacing the barrel free of charge?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast