Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Accu.Wedge Tip?

Feedback Score

Question Accu.Wedge Tip?

Greetings!

Just wondering about the Accu.Wedge and how many here are able to "close" their upper and lower together? I've been trying to "close" the two but to no avail. I'm even using my entire weight of 165 pounds to get to where I'm able to push the pin through, but no go!

It's frustrating so the solution that I've been utilizing is two (2) foam ear plugs. Works fine and doesn't have no play--Man Alive is it solid! I did that with my Colt Match HBAR that's now looonng gone some years ago with no problems and now on my Noveske. So far so good!

So if there's an easier way to use this thingamajig (A.W), please advise and thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    I believe it's been said on here that it's not a good idea. If you have to put your weight on to try to "close" the two halves, then you might as well run the risk of damaging your rifle. Maybe the pros will chime in.

Feedback Score
    Take your Accuwedge and chuck it in the shitcan. A lttle slop between the upper and lower is no biggie. Much better than having bits of foreign matter dickin' up your rifle's innards.

MBR

Feedback Score
    I don't care for the wiggle either but you'll probably find that you will need to trim that wedge down to where it just makes your upper and lower snug enough not to rattle. Having to use that much force can't be a good thing for constant stresses it puts on the pin holes.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Get rid of it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    SIT IT 200 METER OUT AND SHOOT IT

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    seems like this would be a good option:

http://www.jprifles.com/1.5.1.7.php

Feedback Score
    If you have slop between the two, sell it and get a better rifle!
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Yes indeed! Just curious as to know because that thingamajig is just sitting at the bottom of my grip. Again, for me that is, using two (2) foam ear plugs works fine!

Quote Originally Posted by rharris2163
    . . .sell it and get a better rifle!
    Sell my Noveske N4LR? I thought about that--once. . .Hmmm. . .

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    It's frustrating so the solution that I've been utilizing is two (2) foam ear plugs. Works fine and doesn't have no play--Man Alive is it solid!
    Where, exactly, did you put them?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast