Thread: Noveske Flush QD Sling Mount vs IWC Micro Flush QD Sling Mount

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Noveske Flush QD Sling Mount vs IWC Micro Flush QD Sling Mount

I recently started a project to add a QD socket to the Colt N1 CAR stock here https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=138150
    Naturally I bought IWCs mount and Noveske's new, similarly conceived mount to compare.

IWC Micro Flush QD Sling Mount:
    http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...d-micro-mount/

The mount comes with two sets of set screws, one longer set and one shorter. I measured the mount assembly weight at .2oz with the shorter screws and .25oz with the longer. I will not rehash the mounting instructions as all can be found in the links on the product page. Though I will say, DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE SET SCEWS. You can easily bulge the plastic on the face and end up with two little humps on each side of the socket. The screws are only meant to put modest tension on the retaining ring to keep the mount from sliding back and forth and rotating. I learned it the hard way. To prevent rotation on a flat mounting surface, I would drill a slight dimple for each screw to set in on the back side.

Noveske Flush QD Sling Mount:
    http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...=fm-qd&cat=178

I measured the mount assembly weight at .3oz.
    Installation is very simple. Once you have the hole drilled, insert the QD socket, apply permanent thread locker, then thread the backing nut by hand until you get close to the mounting surface. Do NOT continue to tighten the nut onto the socket. The locking claws on each corner will gouge a circle into the mounting surface around the nut and nullify the locking effect of the claws digging into the plastic. Rather, push the nut against the surface, hold it in place with a 5/8" box wrench and use a QD swivel locked into the anti-rotation socket with a screw driver through the loop to tighten the socket onto the backing nut (official instructions).

Comparison
    Versatility:
    IWC > Noveske
    Noveske's is designed for polymer stocks and handgaurds under a 1/4" thickness. IWCs mount is also designed to work with Troy rails or other metal components so long as their have a 1/2" hole and are 1/4" thick or less.

Mounting sturdiness:
    IWC > Noveske
    Both will obviously Work. But if we are nit-picking the IWC is held in place between the sturdy split ring and socket itself. The split ring is so solid I could tighten the set screws to the point of deforming the plastic short of puncture and it didn't pop off. During use the mount isn't pulled against the split ring anyway. The only thing is the set screws will not do much to prevent the mount from rotating on flat surfaces unless they are set into a divot, or over tightened.
    The Noveske relies on permanent thread locker to keep from loosening under recoil and from the sling tugging on the anti-rotation mount. As long as the thread locker holds, the mount will not rotate if installed properly, the claws dig in well.

Function:
    Noveske > IWC
    Both are sold as flush mounts, but only Noveske's is truly flush. Looks and feels real slick! Especially under a handguard with the back covered. Both limit rotation about the same amount and allow you to position the swivel in small degree increments around the socket.

Price:
    IWC < Novesk
    $16 < $20

Hope this helps someone decide which one to get if you are considering doing a similar mod.

Feedback Score
    OUTSTANDING REVIEW!

IWC sincerely appreciates and applauds customers who take the time to prepare, photograph, write and post a review of our products on a Forum or FaceBook. Feedback is what drives us to make a new or better widget than anyone else.

THANK YOU!

MOUNT-N-SLOT

P.S. IWC's SHIPPING: Only $3.95!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Excellent review. Thanks.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I've never used the Noveske's so I can't speak of theirs. I have however used a few of the IWC's and they work very well. I'd definitely use them again if I need that type of mount.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Was the knights M4 stock QD attachment not an option for the N1? Not sure if it fits but it looks like it would, and you wouldn't have to alter the stock. Just curious

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have used the Noveske one in a Cav arms A1 type stock, and in a speed feed 870 stock. Really a great little product. Neither has loosened up, the shop gun was run in a class.

Feedback Score
    You could also consider NDR as some of their flush mount lighting systems are compatible with QD sling mounts.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice thread bump, those look like some great lights to mount on your butt stock QD sling attachment.

Feedback Score
    The IWC one looks exactly like the GG&G ones I've used in the past. They work great and haven't loosened on any of the rifles I've used them on, of course I also used locktite on the screws.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    ROLLTIDE!
    Here! Here!