Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STILL WIGGGLES

Feedback Score

STILL WIGGGLES

I just got 2 brand new AR's, a Match Colt and a Match Bushmaster. I just put accu-wedges in both and they still have the same wiggle to them as my Armalite with over 1000 rounds through them. Is this normal? (No accu-wedge in the Armalite...no room for one).. Or what else can I do to stiffen them up?
    "Who ever says money doesn't buy happiness, doesnt have any... Look at the F*ckin SMILE on my face.. Ear to Ear Baby!!!!!"

-Ben Affleck
    Boiler Room

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb392 View Post
    I just got 2 brand new AR's, a Match Colt and a Match Bushmaster. I just put accu-wedges in both and they still have the same wiggle to them as my Armalite with over 1000 rounds through them. Is this normal? (No accu-wedge in the Armalite...no room for one).. Or what else can I do to stiffen them up?
    Buy a Sabre Defence...no wiggles and no accuwedge needed

Seriously though, the wiggle doesn't affect anything at all except your mind. Lock and load, it's G2G.

If it really gets to you, a JP pin might do better than the accuwedge.

Feedback Score
    An Accuwedge can break apart and cause major havok. The wiggle wont hurt anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Buy a Sabre Defence...no wiggles and no accuwedge needed

Seriously though, the wiggle doesn't affect anything at all except your mind. Lock and load, it's G2G.

If it really gets to you, a JP pin might do better than the accuwedge.
    If you use it enough that Sabre is going to eventually get wiggle. The only good way to avpoid it is to buy a Sundevil lower.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    If you use it enough that Sabre is going to eventually get wiggle. The only good way to avpoid it is to buy a Sundevil lower.
    Let me have my delusions, ignorance can be a beautiful thing.

I don't like accuwedges because all they do is force things the opposite direction that they need to go in. The JP pin is the best (albeit somewhat expensive) solution. Hey, for $30 or whatever, if it buys you peace of mind, buy one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    An Accuwedge can break apart and cause major havok. The wiggle wont hurt anything.

cause havoc by breaking apart and having hundreds of little red rubber pieces caught in the fire control?

just wondering because i run a couple accuwedges (one of them trimmed smaller to make it fit)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum9x19mm View Post
    cause havoc by breaking apart and having hundreds of little red rubber pieces caught in the fire control?

just wondering because i run a couple accuwedges (one of them trimmed smaller to make it fit)
    Not hundreads but I have seen one piece break off and get caught in the FGC it took the gun down.

Feedback Score
    Don't make too much out of it. A tool intended for serious use doesn't need a wedge.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Let me have my delusions, ignorance can be a beautiful thing.

I don't like accuwedges because all they do is force things the opposite direction that they need to go in. The JP pin is the best (albeit somewhat expensive) solution. Hey, for $30 or whatever, if it buys you peace of mind, buy one.

The JP pin is one of the worst accessories for an AR and is the fastest way to egg out your lower pins.

No, No, No

They go into the trash immediately and the owner gets an ass chewing.

"Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    A little wiggle is normal. I find a lot of wiggle annoying.

When I build an upper, I purchase multiple upper recievers from multiple vendors and test fit on the lower. I choose the best one and sell the rest off.

It only costs me a few bucks more but keeps my BRDOCD in check.

+1 to the no accuwedge
    Owner - BRD Engineering

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast