Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus opinions

Feedback Score

Taurus opinions

I posted on another site that while shopping online for a 9mm 1911 I ran across the Taurus PT1911 in Stainless Steel. The gun just looks sweet to me especially for the price. It seems people either love or hate Taurus. Anyone have any opinions on this gun or Taurus in general. Thanks for replies!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hang on to your ass......Its about to get hairy.
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Feedback Score
    Ha, the last site I asked for opinions on Taurus a bunch of people started fighting. Maybe that should be my sign to buy a Colt haha.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have 1 Taurus pistol. A PT 709. It has been a good shooter with no mechanical issues after 1000+ rounds. I did send it back to Taurus for a shorter front sight as it shot low from a rest consistently. After the sight change, it's GTG.

Taurus is a lower price MFG and those kind of companies always have problems from time to time. One way to keep the prices down is to fore go some QC. You put the product out fast and play the odds on warranty. I do have to say that Taurus was good as gold to me on the warranty work. Fast turn around and shipping on their dime.

To be fair, I have to say that I have never needed to put S&W, Walther, Sig Sauer, Ruger, Beretta or Steyr's CS/warranty to the test because I have never had any problems at all with their products. While a Charter Arms(another lower priced MFG.) revolver had problems out of the box but was taken care of quickly by CA.

When the PT1911 first came out, they looked to be a great value but the cost has gone up on them and the fit and finish has stayed static(not great/not horrible, just OK)so I'd have to say I would look at S&W or Remington 1911s before considering Taurus at this time.

$0.02
    Last edited by luvmy40; 03-04-13 at 21:08.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Taurus is a cheap firearm of marginal quality. Them making a 1911 is heresy. Do some searching on this site about 1911's. They don't come cheap.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OP, you should use the orange search button to quickly find your answer. I think most of the opinions on this forum will be very similar this topic.
    "Restricting the rights of free and law-abiding Americans is not a solution to anything, and only makes government and its force more powerful."
    -Gary Johnson

Owner of Wildwood Custom Woodworking, F-Class Rifle Stock Builder

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagemonkey View Post
    They don't come cheap.
    I'm learning quickly...haha

Feedback Score

Re: Taurus opinions

The Ruger SR1911 is a much better choice than the Taurus for about the same cash. Save a bit more and get Springfield or Colt though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    ‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
    — Mahatma Ghandi

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Save yourself the headache and the cash and skip over Taurus anything.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know nothing about the Taurus 1911. I have a lot of experience with the Taurus TCP .380 pistols and have a few friends who own the Taurus Judge.

Based on my personal experience with Taurus and the problems my friends have had, I will never, ever, do business with Taurus again.
    Train 2 Win

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast