Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob Costas' little rant just now..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Bob Costas' little rant just now..

Agreeing with Jason Whitlock's opinion piece during the Cowboys/Eagles game http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/j...-sunday-120112 STFU Costas...just let us watch the game.

I would argue that your rationalizations speak to how numb we are in this society to gun violence and murder. We’ve come to accept our insanity. We’d prefer to avoid seriously reflecting upon the absurdity of the prevailing notion that the second amendment somehow enhances our liberty rather than threatens it.

How many young people have to die senselessly? How many lives have to be ruined before we realize the right to bear arms doesn’t protect us from a government equipped with stealth bombers, predator drones, tanks and nuclear weapons?

Our current gun culture simply ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy, and that more convenience-store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead.

In the coming days, Belcher’s actions will be analyzed through the lens of concussions and head injuries. Who knows? Maybe brain damage triggered his violent overreaction to a fight with his girlfriend. What I believe is, if he didn’t possess/own a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today.

That is the message I wish Chiefs players, professional athletes and all of us would focus on Sunday and moving forward. Handguns do not enhance our safety. They exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it.
    Last edited by AKDoug; 12-02-12 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    I just saw that. Didn't even try to hide or cover up the blatent anti gun message. Wife and I looked at each other and didn't even know what to say.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My 13 y.o. daughter gave me the WTF look. I'm glad she was paying attention.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What a little jock-sniffing bitch

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Why even bring it up? Why parrot what Whitlock already published? Of course, if he'd beat her to death what would they have blamed?

Feedback Score
    He was a big ass football player. Does anybody really believe that he wouldn't have, or couldn't have killed her without a gun?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Of course, if he'd beat her to death what would they have blamed?
    The class ring on his hand of course!!!
    If he'd used a bat... Well, it's this dang baseball society we live in.
    OD'ed her with drugs... We'll its this prescription drug society we live in.
    Knife? Car? Fire?

It certainly can not under any circumstance be the fault of the individual.. THAT would be crazy!!!

It's been official for a very long time... The vast majority of people are stupid.. The evidence is now just overwhelming.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    if he'd beat her to death what would they have blamed?
    Marilyn Manson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMETNA View Post
    Marilyn Manson
    It'd be Columbine all over again.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    He was a big ass football player. Does anybody really believe that he wouldn't have, or couldn't have killed her without a gun?
    No. It is impossible for a celebrity football player to murder a cheating spouse with anything except a gun. They would never use a knife, leave bloody footprints (specifically from a size 12 Bruno Magli Lorenzo shoe) and glove at the scene, or attempt to flee in an SUV. Technically, that has never been proven beyond a reasonable doubt to have ever happened...
    Last edited by Sensei; 12-02-12 at 22:48.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast