Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX-160A2 Pics

Feedback Score

Beretta ARX-160A2 Pics

This is what comes in the case. Note the suppressor in black nylon case, spare 12" barrel, bayonet, removable ejection port cover, vertical grip, sling and available space for the GLX-160 grenade launcher.

We have finished our testing and have now issued the rifle out to the unit. My platoon has seen very good accuracy from these rifles. We have averages about 2 MOA of accuracy even with the 12" barrel running suppressed. Remember that the M16/M4 is considered to be a 3-4 MOA weapon on average. Reliability is stellar but if you are running weak ammo, then you may see some double feeds when running unsuppressed short barrel due to the action not fully cycling far enough to the rear to complete the ejection process. This is because the rifle has a slightly stiffer recoil spring which is responsible for it having such a smooth, straight line recoil. So when you get one, don't feed it trash ammo. It's a combat weapon meant for military spec powder charges in the ammo you fire through it. Don't call it a piece of crap if it doesn't agree with your bargain discount Wolf or other ghetto ammo.

People who have become spoiled with the ease of the dis assembly/reassembly of the M16/M4 series will at first be a little frustrated with the 160 because it is a more tedious process. But the trade off is worth it. The ONE part that sucks is dealing with removing and re installing the extractor/ejectors. It is part technique part brute force. But the rifle runs so much cleaner that it isn't always necessary to take them out to clean them.
    Having carried an M16 or M4 for almost 30 years now, it pains me to admit that I have a new favorite combat rifle, but I have to admit the truth.
    Those of you frustrated with the fact that it is taking a while to get them into the US, hang in there. The rifle is now in its "A2" version. Unlike the SCAR and ACR which started selling to the civilian market before its problems were all identified and fixed, the 160 is ready to roll. So be patient and be glad that when you finally get your hands on one, it will have already been put through its paces and you won't be spending your hard earned money only to be buying into a test program.
    Last edited by MarineSniper8541; 06-19-12 at 07:19.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the update on the platform. I'm in no rush to move away from the AR-family, but out of all the new rifles that have come out recently, this is the one that interests me the most.

I'm pretty pumped to get my hands on one as soon as they're available and sling some lead.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Very cool.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    To run the ARX with the sound suppressor do you have to use a special "sound suppressor only" barrel?

Someone said that you have to use a "sound suppressor only" barrel to be able to use a sound suppressor.

I don't remember who said this though, it may have been someone in a YouTube video from Beretta at one of the last two Shot-Shows.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    To run the ARX with the sound suppressor do you have to use a special "sound suppressor only" barrel?

Someone said that you have to use a "sound suppressor only" barrel to be able to use a sound suppressor.

I don't remember who said this though, it may have been someone in a YouTube video from Beretta at one of the last two Shot-Shows.
    Absolutely not.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for posting your experiences with this rifle. I'm saving my pennies for when they do start flowing into the US.

Feedback Score
    Good to know the rifle is quite accurate. Many were worried that it wouldn't be by the fact that the barrel was quick-change and would may not be held tight enough in sacrifice for the quick change ability..
    Last edited by Vitor; 06-19-12 at 10:18.

Feedback Score

ARX

I have got to spend a little time with the ARX and I really think it is an awesome weapon. I have never ever come across a weapon that has so much stored energy when in recoil to overcome forward issues and get the round into chamber. The stiff recoil spring is the real deal but also not having a buffer that has an internal mass that is just floating and not directly driving the round from the mag when stripping is a big help. If you put your finger in between the bolt and the chamber I bet you could injure it seriously just off the bolt catch.

I've seen it in action with the 150 rd mag. The total opposite of what you would think to put on it, but it is flawless. That is a lot of heat as well and no melting or damage was observed.

Feedback Score
    awesome

i got mine in a 10/22 version

Feedback Score
    Marine, could you tell what is the rate of fire of the gun unsupressed and supressed?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast