Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Corrosion Testing (New Pics - 5-08-12)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd00000 View Post
    This is what I want to know what is best for long term storage. Thank you.

Eezox, Boeshield T-9 and Corrosion X consistently come out as the top three corrosion inhibitors in every test I've run. Personally I prefer Eezox. It hasn't let me down yet.
    "The history of gun fighting fails to record a single fatality resulting from a quick noise...speed's fine, but accuracy is final." William H. Jordan 1965

Feedback Score
    Looks like my dog is shedding iron oxide molecules at an alarming rate. Guess I'll be switching from Slip 2000EWL to the regular Slip 2000 oil, it seems to be holding up quite well.
    "This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?"-Iraqgunz

"You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime." - B. Munro

Feedback Score
    Automatic transmission fluid?

Motor oil looks like its doing well

Feedback Score
    We've had a nice steady rain today so I left the samples out in the rain all day. I can't wait to see what they look like in the morning. So far I've had a few surprises. The Weapon Shield Oil & Grease are holding up very well. Turns out that the inventor of weaponshield is the same guy who came up with Firepower FP-10, one of my personal favorites. His name is George C. Fennell. This bears some further research as he claims weaponshield is far better than the old FP-10.
    "The history of gun fighting fails to record a single fatality resulting from a quick noise...speed's fine, but accuracy is final." William H. Jordan 1965

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wedgehead30 View Post
    Eezox, Boeshield T-9 and Corrosion X consistently come out as the top three corrosion inhibitors in every test I've run. Personally I prefer Eezox. It hasn't let me down yet.
    Thanks, I'm sure to deploy again in less than a year and want to ensure my weapons are protected.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sweet idea. I'm very interested in the outcome. I'd love to see how Mpro7 stacks up as it's what is on my pocket pistol. At least this is cementing my decisions to stay away from a few other options.

It's best to blame my misspelled words on autocorrect.

Feedback Score
    Another thought on things to induce corrosion... Stick then in an enclosed cabinet with some muriatic acid... The stuff I stored next to a bottle all rusted up nicely...(closed bottle over months, might try some out in the open inside an enclosure if you have a safe place to do it..)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mallowpufft View Post
    Sweet idea. I'm very interested in the outcome. I'd love to see how Mpro7 stacks up as it's what is on my pocket pistol. At least this is cementing my decisions to stay away from a few other options.

It's best to blame my misspelled words on autocorrect.
    I wouldn't worry what you use day-to-day, like many test this one removes the human element. It is a better test for storage, not use.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    FP-10 turned to green varnish that glued parts together in a couple guns I cleaned with it and let sit for a year or so. It made one non-functional.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast