Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Good 380 B.U.G. ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fmjoe View Post
    Personally, I carry a Sig P238 Nitron everyday. It has worked very well for me, and is much easier to shoot than the LCP. The 238 feels like a .22 in comparison to the LCP, so follow up shots are almost too easy and much faster...which is kind of a big deal in a BUG.

That's just my opinion, of course.

ETA - I have an LCP, my girlfriend carries an LCP, my dad carries an LCP, my little sister carries an LCP, my little sister's fiancee carries an LCP, my best friend carries an LCP and his girlfriend carries an LCP. All of them have worked flawlessly from the factory.
    I second this. I have a P238 that I have carried for over a year now and I love it. I have shot multiple Ruger LCPs and I hated the recoil and the sights were awful. I still think the LCP is a good pocket gun, but the P238 is basically the same size and cycles much smoother with great sights. I think the P238 is all around one of the best pocket pistols you can have. I have put 400 rounds through mine without a single FTF or malfunction of any kind. Great pocket .380

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    While I prefer the Kahr PM9 for this, two officers assigned to our range bought S&W BG 380's. I spent some time shooting their guns.

I could hit 6" plates out to 25 yds easily with them. Very shootable guns. I have been told to expect S&W to introduce a version at SHOT that comes without the laser, for those who don't want one.

While I don't want to start a debate about the 380 acp round, if I were going to carry one, I would look hard at the S&W Body Guard after the limited time I spent shooting one.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 01-13-11 at 13:13.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Some things to consider Paul. The .380 auto SUCKS ASS as a defensive load. A small J frame in .22Magnum or .38 would be superior to it.

S&W is going to show off some single stack 9mm HG's at shot (one in the M&P line and one in the Bodyguard line). These will have 3" slides and be very thin.

My other personal choice is the Walther PPS. Simply one of the most accurate and reliable "small" guns on the market and can be had in 9mm. This would be my FIRST CHOICE followed by a J frame.

C4

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My only experience has been with LCPs and 238s. I started with a LCP and it ran like a champ. I later "upgraded" to a 238. My 238 ran like a champ too but unlike a previous comment alluded to it wasn't the same size as a LCP. It was ever so slightly larger and MUCH thicker and heavier. If carried AIWB the 238 is a great choice. If carried in a pocket .... LCP FTW.

I sold the 238 and went back to a LCP. The better sights and trigger of the 238 were nice but it just wasn't a true pocket gun IMO. The LCP wins every time in that role. Inside .380 distances the better sights and trigger prob aren't necessary anyway. Besides, with a little practice I found the LCP to be quite accurate enough even out to a distance that would render it ineffective.

I'm ready to try a LC9 though once they hit the streets. I won't be getting rid of my LCP though.

I've owned 3 myself and have at least 3 more in my immediate family. All have ran like champs with factory ammo. I have ran 2 of mine through a good number of rounds too and feel confident they are reliable enough to trust.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    S&W is going to show off some single stack 9mm HG's at shot (one in the M&P line and one in the Bodyguard line). These will have 3" slides and be very thin.

C4
    My interest is officially piqued.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rat31465 View Post
    I'm looking to update my .380 BUG and I like the looks of this DB380...Might I ask what you paid for yours and if you have had a chance to shoot it more how you are liking it now?
    I got a great deal on it, $275, so that is one of the reasons that i got it. But no I have not had a chance to shoot it more yet. I think they retail for 325 to 350.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not so keen on the Diamondback...

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?...ht=diamondback

Feedback Score
    85 (100%)
    I was waiting for the lc9. May have to hold off to see what S&W brings to the table.

I used to have a lcp, never a problem with it. Great for what it is. No longer have it. Have a p238 that runs great. Better sights and feel win it for me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Some things to consider Paul. The .380 auto SUCKS ASS as a defensive load. A small J frame in .22Magnum or .38 would be superior to it.

My other personal choice is the Walther PPS. Simply one of the most accurate and reliable "small" guns on the market and can be had in 9mm. This would be my FIRST CHOICE followed by a J frame.

C4
    If indeed one is introduced based on the M&P I'll buy the first one I can get my hands on. I like the LCP I have,I just can't get warm to the .380 round. I hope S&W hurries up,but gets it right.
    Last edited by DocH; 01-13-11 at 17:25.
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong.A tax is a fine for doing well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've got a buddy that carries a Kel-Tec P3AT as a BUG on duty. He swears by that little bastard.

I opted for a G27 to supplement my G22. Yeah, it felt a little bulky for the first night I wore it, but it got used to it quickly.

If your friend is dead set on carrying a .380, why not check out a PPK?

Not to hijack, but if Glock would make a "Slimeline" subcompact in .40, I'd buy one.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast