Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sights for G17

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner70 View Post
    redback ones are sold out Has anyone used the defoor plan black for $48
    I am rocking the defoor's right now, great sight for the money, has a lower set sight with a clear square notch and it has a light ramp on it to prevent glare.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGreg View Post
    I'm very impressed with Ameriglo sights. I have the Defoor's ...
    I have.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Best Glock sights I have used so far:
    Ameriglo CAP Front sight.
    Ameriglo Pro Operator Rear.

I have owned a few different sights, and have used quite a few, and they are my current favorites.

If you want to know more, let me know, as I am short on time right now and don't really get all that excited about writing for 20 minutes if nobody cares.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)

Yes! Get the DeFoors! My favorite sights by far.

I've used them in a couple of low/no light shoots and they're fine with a light.

I also use 'em in competition and love 'em.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post

I have owned a few different sights, and have used quite a few, and they are my current favorites.

If you want to know more, let me know, as I am short on time right now and don't really get all that excited about writing for 20 minutes if nobody cares.
    Please do; I know I care and always enjoy reading your posts. Very informative.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I run 10-8s on mine:

Edit: don't know why it's turned sideways. Will fix later.
    Last edited by Blayglock; 04-12-12 at 00:20.

Feedback Score
    I like and recommend the Ameriglo Defoor sights also. IMHO they equal the excellent Warren Tactical Sevigny competition sights (which I also am very familiar with and fond of) as they are exactly the same ratios (rear notch and front width). The Defoor's are just a lower-to-the-slide set-up compared to the Sevigny's which sit taller off the gun. Also, the Defoor's can be had for around $30 a set these days which doesn't hurt.
    FWIW, I find I prefer the taller set of the two spec'd for the .45/10mm's (.272" tall rear) as this puts POA/POI exactly at the tip of the front blade out to 15yrds or so, and more of a "lollipop" at 25yrds where they print a couple inches above the top of the front blade (as is the case with the Sevigny's with the standard .215" front blade also).

That said, they're plain all-black irons which aren't for everybody. There are "tricker" set-ups out there like the Ameriglo Hack sets or CAP sets that do indeed really grab one's visual attention (at the expense of some precision). I was once a big fan of those types, and some really good shooters do still prefer them (mostly do to them delivering quick acquisition)... But, that said, IMO once one goes to all-black irons (and FYI, adapting to them means a longer learning curve), there's no going back, it's just such a crisp and uncomplicated sight picture that all the others start to seem gimmicky in comparison. I find my times running most drills and standards are virtually identical whether it's irons or the more quick acquisition type of sights, but with irons I can zap a little square paster out to nearly 15yrds or so almost on command, with the "busier" sights that just ain't happening.

Everyone (and everyone's eyes) are different, so try checking out as many as you can before you buy.

Good luck.
    Last edited by ck1; 04-12-12 at 01:39.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post

That's actually the combo I was thinking of eventually getting. I'd like to know more of your experience with them, whenever you have time write out a detailed post. I do have a couple questions:

-Which colors are you using? I was thinking of the green/orange front, with the yellow rear.
    -Would you say this combo is good for someone with bad eyesight? My dad was thinking of getting night sights for his G17, but his shooting eye isn't doing too great.
    Know your role, and shut your mouth.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Big fan of the redback one here.

My second favorite is the ameriglo pro operator.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For me at least the factory sights on a Glock are the very first thing to go. I ran Meprolites's on my 23 for many years and I guess they were ok. I just had a set of Warrens put on my 19 with the rear being plain and the front is red fiber optic. So far I really like them. Nice and fast acquisition. I really like the height of them compared to the Glock sights as I am used to a 1911 and the extra height of the Warren sights really makes a difference to me. I have a feeling I am going to be trying a few other sets just to check them out and see if I like them as well.

Sorry it's kind of fuzzy. Couldn't get my phone to focus.

Last edited by ReaperAZ; 04-13-12 at 10:11. Reason: Added picture
    <------Be not affraid!

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast