Page 81 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    That is the sad part of it all.

Today, you can buy a foreign made $399 Rock Island cast frame 1911 that will eat anything but your new Glock will have to see some smithing to fly right!

LOL

- brickboy240
    Right..... Yup, I bet I just can't find say 5 instances of QC and feeding problems with RIAs.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    [QUOTE=packinaglock;1321864]
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    +1 Eight Gen 4 9mms here running well. One got squirrely at 5K rds and an extractor change settled it out. No fitted match berrel required.

I must start paying more attention to who likes me before I make a purchasing decision. [/QUOTE]

It just kinda bugs me getting bad mouthed by the guy I've spent 4-5 thousand on his product.
    I don't understand what you are saying here.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=packinaglock;1321864]
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    +1 Eight Gen 4 9mms here running well. One got squirrely at 5K rds and an extractor change settled it out. No fitted match berrel required.

I must start paying more attention to who likes me before I make a purchasing decision. [/QUOTE]

It just kinda bugs me getting bad mouthed by the guy I've spent 4-5 thousand on his product.
    That's fair. I have no idea what Herr Glock said but so long as he's writing those $100K checks to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation every year (which Glock has done for quite a few years now); he can call me a "communist faggot" as Ken Hackathorn did in Dec for not owning a single 1911. I fixed that by buying one from him.
    Last edited by JHC; 06-05-12 at 19:02.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    Glad to see Gaston helping out the boys, don't get me wrong I love my Glocks (besides the G26 that resembles a Jiffy Pop popcorn popper). I understand many europeans don't care for Americans but I'm sure we line his pockets pretty well.
    May you be in heaven at least an hour before the devil knows your dead.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Littlelebowski;1321873]
    Quote Originally Posted by packinaglock View Post

I don't understand what you are saying here.
    Refering to Gastons dislike of Americans.
    May you be in heaven at least an hour before the devil knows your dead.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Please keep thread as close to the original topic as possible. Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    Sorry...back to the topic.

Has anyone tried the H.R.E.D. by White Sound Defense to fix the erratic ejection problem?

I might order one and try it with my stock extractor (while waiting for the Apex unit).

This unit along with Apex's machined extractor holds some promise.

- brickboy240

Feedback Score
    I tried the HRED and it helped a little. That said I just went with the 30274 ejector to left my guns stock Glock.

I don't get rounds to the face anymore and really am not that concerened about ejecting far instead of 2ft away. Then I have had no malfunctions. If I had had the stovepipes or FTFs that others have had I'd more concerened.

This on late Gen 3 G17L and G34.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Does anyone have the newer ejectors in stock? I'd like to buy a couple to try in my GEN 3s.
    Last edited by kdcgrohl; 06-06-12 at 12:04.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    I ordered and received my trigger housing with the 30274 ejector from Lone Wolf Distributors about a week ago.

I have a Gen4 G17 PMPxxx originally supplied with:

336 ejector
    0-2-1 RSA
    and what is most likely what is being referred to as the dip extractor.

After about 100-200 rounds I started to get ejected cases to the head and face. I would say that I was getting 4 or 5 per magazine. The worst was that I had a case fall between my glasses and eye that actually made contact with my eye that caused much watering and discomfort for about two days.

I replaced the RSA with the 0-2-4, and that did nothing to eliminate the problem.

At one point I tried a LWD extractor, but there was very little change and in fact I believe it made things a bit worse.

Eventually I modified my ejector by shortening and angling it as described in other posts. That solved the problem of rounds to the face, but my cases still showed signs of hitting the ejection port with the triangle shaped scrape on the mouth. Although the rounds quit hitting me in the face, ejection still seemed weak.

I have now replaced the trigger housing with the latest version that has the 30274 ejector and ejection is consistently at 4 o'clock and several feet away. The scrapes on the case mouth have also been eliminated. The problem appears to be solved.
    Last edited by althor; 06-06-12 at 12:48.

Page 81 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast