Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Im 21... is there any chance of me having low test levels?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Just watched 30 Days: Season 1 Disc 1 from Netflix. A guy starts taking testosterone, I believe HGH and a few other things to get back in shape and trying to stay young... I'm in no way trying to contradict Will and his expertise but I believe it's worth watching due to the similarities of what I think this thread is about.

Ultimately the guy stops taking the stuff, my copy was scratched so I missed a few things, but he does experience some anger problems and his sperm count shoots to zero, maybe I should say drops to zero Obviously this is only 1 case and isn't the end all be all but I thought that it might be worth a watch if you're considering this.

Netflix Description: Morgan Spurlock (of Supersize Me fame) hosts this one-hour documentary film series that places subjects for a month in situations they're unlikely to seek out on their own. By subjecting themselves to such circumstances, participants help shed light on social issues plaguing America today, such as the rift created by religious differences between Muslims and Christians in America, the incarcerated and the lawyers who put them in prison, and more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by irishluck73 View Post
    Just watched 30 Days: Season 1 Disc 1 from Netflix. A guy starts taking testosterone, I believe HGH and a few other things to get back in shape and trying to stay young... I'm in no way trying to contradict Will and his expertise but I believe it's worth watching due to the similarities of what I think this thread is about.

Ultimately the guy stops taking the stuff, my copy was scratched so I missed a few things, but he does experience some anger problems and his sperm count shoots to zero, maybe I should say drops to zero Obviously this is only 1 case and isn't the end all be all but I thought that it might be worth a watch if you're considering this.

Netflix Description: Morgan Spurlock (of Supersize Me fame) hosts this one-hour documentary film series that places subjects for a month in situations they're unlikely to seek out on their own. By subjecting themselves to such circumstances, participants help shed light on social issues plaguing America today, such as the rift created by religious differences between Muslims and Christians in America, the incarcerated and the lawyers who put them in prison, and more.
    you can watch the full ep. on hulu.com
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/5295/30-days-anti-aging

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For or against testosterone replacement therapy?

Cast your vote at N Engl Journal of Medicine and join the fight for the justice of testosterone and men's health!

Poll open through Dec 3, 2014.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMclde1406595
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    FOR!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    FOR!!
    Vote and vote often. Poll is on the right side of the page.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMclde1406595
    Last edited by WillBrink; 12-01-14 at 10:20.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A good bump for this thread.

From the proceedings of Mayo Clinic:

Testosterone Therapy and Cardiovascular Risk: Advances and Controversies
    Abraham Morgentaler, MD e al

Published Online: January 26, 2015 (In press)

Abstract

Two recent studies raised new concerns regarding cardiovascular (CV) risks with testosterone (T) therapy. This article reviews those studies as well as the extensive literature on T and CV risks. A MEDLINE search was performed for the years 1940 to August 2014 using the following key words: testosterone, androgens, human, male, cardiovascular, stroke, cerebrovascular accident, myocardial infarction, heart attack, death, and mortality. The weight and direction of evidence was evaluated and level of evidence (LOE) assigned. Only 4 articles were identified that suggested increased CV risks with T prescriptions: 2 retrospective analyses with serious methodological limitations, 1 placebo-controlled trial with few major adverse cardiac events, and 1 meta-analysis that included questionable studies and events. In contrast, several dozen studies have reported a beneficial effect of normal T levels on CV risks and mortality. Mortality and incident coronary artery disease are inversely associated with serum T concentrations (LOE IIa), as is severity of coronary artery disease (LOE IIa). Testosterone therapy is associated with reduced obesity, fat mass, and waist circumference (LOE Ib) and also improves glycemic control (LOE IIa). Mortality was reduced with T therapy in 2 retrospective studies. Several RCTs in men with coronary artery disease or heart failure reported improved function in men who received T compared with placebo. The largest meta-analysis to date revealed no increase in CV risks in men who received T and reduced CV risk among those with metabolic disease. In summary, there is no convincing evidence of increased CV risks with T therapy. On the contrary, there appears to be a strong beneficial relationship between normal T and CV health that has not yet been widely appreciated.

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org...925-2/abstract
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Nice to see stuff like this being published. Thanks for passing along Will!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    Nice to see stuff like this being published. Thanks for passing along Will!
    As you can see in this thread, there's quite a bit being published, and more all the time as TRT/HRT gets more acceptance and more data showing benefits.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    As you can see in this thread, there's quite a bit being published, and more all the time as TRT/HRT gets more acceptance and more data showing benefits.
    Yea, understood. I was saying the continued publication is a good thing. Seems like we are slowly moving in the right direction towards mainstream medical acceptance. We are still pretty far away IMO though.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast