Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
I'm a huge fan. The kids loved it when I made waffles, sausage and eggs for dinner. Now the kids are out of the house, I just do it when the wife is away. I don't eat breakfast, but I often make eggs and sausage for lunch if there's no leftovers from the night before.

Cooking for two has escaped us after raising three kids, we always make too much. Our leftovers are lunch for the next day. We started saving an astounding amount of money this way. Both in not wasting food, and in not buying lunch. It doesn't always work out, but it does probably 75% of the time.
Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
I'm a big leftover & eggs guy...when it starts getting skinny in the fridge, it's a surprise scramble for the evening.

Food has gotten idiotic expensive.
With my son gone, the portions have gotten odd. A salmon filet used to be not enough, now it would be two meals. I definitely do the leftovers for lunch, and that helps. When a lunch easily gets to $20, fast, it is a money saver.

Hashbrowns- real hasbrowns, are a skill that I’ve never really mastered, not matter how long I go to WaffleHouse and watch…