Thread: Draw times

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Does anyone download a round for nutsack security. I know it means you are going to be slower racking the slide but carry in peace?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Does anyone download a round for nutsack security. I know it means you are going to be slower racking the slide but carry in peace?

PB
    Oh HELL No.
    If I want Peace, I’ll just stay home PB.
    Last edited by gaijin; 12-05-23 at 14:39.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

PB
    I don’t. I do however, get the back panel of my AIWB holsters in a hi vis color. I find it’s a useful visual reference for reholstering.

Feedback Score

PB
    No.

To increase "don't wanna shoot myself" security carry a gun with a double-action first shot. Pistol or revolver.

Feedback Score
    Draw times change with age. Usual attire, 95% of the time, untucked t-shirt /polo shirt AIWB carry (G19 RMR or Walther PDP compact w RDS). Training was done at 5-7 yds, draw/shoot 2-3 center mass hits, .92-1.1 seconds. A few years later, present day it's 1.27 - 1.38 seconds, with occasional 1.43-1.52 times. I'm happy with 1.50 or less at my age. Hopefully, I have a fews years before I hit the 2.0 second mark, which I now is coming :-(