Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the FN Scar here to stay? + Other Scar Questions

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    FWIW even the steel mags of the real SCARs are only painted on the part of the mag that sticks out of the lower receiver.
    Precisely my point.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Precisely my point.
    I guess I'm more simple and practical, since it doesn't effect function I would care less if the top portion of the mag was pink. The FN mags simply work which IMHO matters much more than the FN magazines color. Magazines live in magwells or mag pouches. The black portion is of no concern to me and apparently not FN. Hell even the mags I intend to use in my SCAR when I get it are black on the top portions of the magazine (TangoDown ARC mags in FDE).
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I know the SCAR will take a Pmag, but does anyone know if they will be able to take a USGI mags?
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I guess I'm more simple and practical, since it doesn't effect function I would care less if the top portion of the mag was pink. The FN mags simply work which IMHO matters much more than the FN magazines color. Magazines live in magwells or mag pouches. The black portion is of no concern to me and apparently not FN. Hell even the mags I intend to use in my SCAR when I get it are black on the top portions of the magazine (TangoDown ARC mags in FDE).
    Agreed but there is a bit of hilarity in only painting half of the mag.

Hitting the range tomorrow?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    I know the SCAR will take a Pmag, but does anyone know if they will be able to take a USGI mags?
    All day long, any STANAG mag fits the SCAR. Actually the magazine that ships with the SCAR (civilian models) is an aluminum USGI type mag made by FN but has a Magpul follower.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I thought the only reason for not painting the top of the mags is the thick paint will scrape off in the magwell ? So the price and the paint thing is what folks dont like about the Scar ? I love mine and look forward to picking up the .308 version.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentsod View Post
    The SCAR-H is supposed to be released in civilian form in '10.

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/press/detail.asp?id=74
    Oh, sonofabitch. Time to start saving my pennies now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    Oh, sonofabitch. Time to start saving my pennies now.
    I was thinking the same thing. It's funny how a bunch of disciplined folks become "giggly and financially irresponsible" when an interesting fire arm comes along.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm going to get real irresponsible for that thing. Hopefully I'll be able to be irresponsible enough to get two.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    I am not sure what the SCAR-L offers that an MRP (piston, if you have to have it) doesn't do
    Ease of discreet carry is the biggest difference that I've found. It is as portable as short-barreled AR, yet it packs 16 inch barrel. It is certainly helpful to those who can't do or don't want to do NFA items, yet want to carry their rifles discreetly on ocassion. And for those who can/will get short barrels, I think that SCAR will fit into a regular shoulder bag.
    I can imagine that this feature, under certain circumstances, could be helpful for professionals too.

Hell even the mags I intend to use in my SCAR when I get it are black on the top portions of the magazine (TangoDown ARC mags in FDE).
    Gotm4, I think there is a good chance that those won't drop free from SCAR.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast