Page 131 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    Once more, this is a 9mm issue. The .40s are not affected by this extractor problem.

Guys with .40s, .45s, .357 Sig or 10mm, you really don't need to say your guns work right. The later Glocks starting with M prefix in 9mm are the problem.

The Apex extractor is being built specifically for the 9mm Glock.

Not trying to be testy, but there are so many posts that have nothing to do with the problem that are adding pages and pages to this thread. I'm subscribed for only one reason now, to find out then the Apex extractor is being released.

Every fix has been tried. From LWD extractors to polished dip extractors to non dip extractors to 30274 ejectors and lambs offered up for sacrifice. Sometimes guys get lucky but more often than not when one thing fixes 6:00 ejection you get weak ejection.

The conventional wisdom is either send it to Glock and hope for a good result or wait for Randy to release his known fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Shot my G22 and G23 FDE's I got from Grant via my LGS friday.

What was notable about the ejection was I never noticed it at all. Seems to be throwing the empties well clear of my forehead. No malfs with either pistol either. Quite pleased.

Also, the G-22 groups better at 25m than any other Glock I have shot even though the trigger still needs broke in.

Remember, these are .40's and not nines and they both have the numbered ejector.
    Last edited by az larry; 08-28-12 at 15:29.

Feedback Score
    Apex is going to make a killing when this thing is released.

Nothing else seems to be an ironclad fix.

You'd think that by now, Glock would quietly fix their crappy extractor woes....but nope.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    I'm just praying Apex makes enough extractors so these will be readily available. The demand for these will be insane.
    Last edited by og556; 08-28-12 at 16:33.

Feedback Score
    My wife's G19 is a 2010 model with an M pre-fix and a 336 ejector and has been problem free. I just hope Glock fixes this. I'd like to buy a G19 but I'm leery to right now. Even if they get this fixed I'd still wait until I'm sure all the old stock has been sold off. I could look for a used Glock but I prefer to buy new whenever possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by az larry View Post
    Once more, this is a 9mm issue. The .40s are not affected by this extractor problem.

Guys with .40s, .45s, .357 Sig or 10mm, you really don't need to say your guns work right. The later Glocks starting with M prefix in 9mm are the problem.

The Apex extractor is being built specifically for the 9mm Glock.

Not trying to be testy, but there are so many posts that have nothing to do with the problem that are adding pages and pages to this thread. I'm subscribed for only one reason now, to find out then the Apex extractor is being released.

Every fix has been tried. From LWD extractors to polished dip extractors to non dip extractors to 30274 ejectors and lambs offered up for sacrifice. Sometimes guys get lucky but more often than not when one thing fixes 6:00 ejection you get weak ejection.

The conventional wisdom is either send it to Glock and hope for a good result or wait for Randy to release his known fix.
    Great job summing the entirety of this thread in a few paragraphs. Everything has been tried, nothing is a consistent fix, and the one solution is taking longer than we'd like to come to market (albeit to ensure proper QC).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    I'm just praying Apex makes enough extractors so these will be readily available. The demand for these will be insane.
    Well, Randy's been warned...
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Well, Randy's been warned...
    And my beta test Apex extractor is now at 3065 trouble free rounds. You're correct, Randy better have a sackful of these when he releases them.
    Colt's Manufacturing Company Armorer Instructor

Aimpoint USA ProStaff

www.hardwiredtacticalshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Probably facing a 6 month back-order when it is released for sale.

LOL

-brickboy240
    Last edited by brickboy240; 08-29-12 at 11:02.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I have heard rumors that the Apex extractor will be available for a mid-September release. I cannot corroborate this evidence, but I will have cash on hand to buy three of these extractors in a group buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hi Guys,

We are ramping up the production out of sheer terror.
    Actually, we figured that the demand might be bigger than we had originally anticipated.

I do want to re-iterate what I have stated before- that our extractor kit, while it has proven to be helpful in most of the cases, it should not be looked at as the "magic bullet" so to speak. The results from 11 beta testers is still an infinitesimally small sampling of the problem guns out there.

The variables that we have to factor in to the equation are numerous:
    • ammo selection and power factor
    • relative mass and rigidity of the shooter
    • lubrication
    • relative position of the ejector to extractor
    • recoil spring closing force
    • condition and version of magazine

The list goes on. I cannot design one part that can compensate for all the variables. Do I think our part and spring will help in many instances? Yes. But I cannot say with any certainty that it will fix all the woes.

To me, that would require a whole new design concept for a pistol... which I am currently working on.

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Page 131 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast