Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: U notch rear sight

ToddG Guest
    I'd definitely opt for the .140" ...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I'd definitely opt for the .140" ...
    I did. My Springfield 1911's imitation-Novak rear sight was replaced with a 10-8 U-notch, .140" width of notch, back in April of this year.

Love it, especially with just a tritium-dot front sight. Much easier to make fast hits. (not that I'm all that fast to begin with)

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    For me the .140 10-8 is the best blend of speed and precision.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    I've been searching/waiting for someone to come out with a fixed version replacement for a Kimber (Series 1) Adjustable Target (Bo-Mar) rear sight. All I see is Heinie Slant Pro or Straight Eights on the market to fill this need. Would love to have a u-notch option.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I was running the 10-8 NM rear on my Colt Officer's. It is excellent. Just recently I got a set of the Warren Tacs for my G26. I am really, really impressed. The sights are fast and really no detriment to accurate shooting.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think the standard 10-8 is too narrow and dont care for it too much. The only reason I havent switched it out yet is because I dont shoot the 1911 it sits on too often. I greatly prefer the Warren setup (even if it isnt a true U notch) over the narrow 10-8.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amp Mangum View Post
    I wish Scott would get his Novak dovetail 1911 sights out.

I really like the 10-8 rear with the .125" notch and have been thinking about trying one with a .140" notch to pick up speed but I wonder if the .140" may be a little too wide.
    They're already out. I've got one of the rears on my TRP. Check with MLE shooting sports.

http://mle-shootingsports.com/Sights...duct_info.html
    Last edited by MadcapMagician; 12-21-09 at 23:10.
    "Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless." -Kenny Powers

Project Manager - Nightforce Optics

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadcapMagician View Post
    They're already out. I've got one of the rears on my TRP. Check with MLE shooting sports.

http://mle-shootingsports.com/Sights...duct_info.html
    I picked up a .140 from Dave Berryhill a few years ago when I was still trying to make Big Dot sights work for me. I dont know if he still has any.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got a new Glock 17 that's going to be my primary focus for the coming year - forgot how much the stock sights suck.

Definitely going .140 10-8 rear, but can anyone weigh in on brass-bead vs. tritium front? It's a range and class gun, maybe IDPA/IPSC in the latter half of the year. Mostly just a personal preference thing or would you recommend one over the other?

I also like the Warren Tactical rears but haven't seen them in person - do you find that the lack of serration matters at all (compared to a 10-8)?
    Last edited by milosz; 12-22-09 at 01:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by milosz View Post
    Got a new Glock 17 that's going to be my primary focus for the coming year - forgot how much the stock sights suck.

Definitely going .140 10-8 rear, but can anyone weigh in on brass-bead vs. tritium front? It's a range and class gun, maybe IDPA/IPSC in the latter half of the year. Mostly just a personal preference thing or would you recommend one over the other?

I also like the Warren Tactical rears but haven't seen them in person - do you find that the lack of serration matters at all (compared to a 10-8)?
    I prefer the non-serrated rear

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast