Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DAM SNOW.......

Feedback Score
    I spent 3 hours today digging out. People act like the end is coming. My G/F just came back from the store and all of the eggs, milk, and TP are GONE! It's not like we had any warning that winter was coming.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Today after digging out the vehicles.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I don't mind snow...as long as I don't have to go out in it, like say, to work or to school. I'd be perfectly content to sit home next to the fireplace, field stripping my AR, waiting...just waiting for this global ****ING WARMING I've been hearing about for the past decade or so! So, yeah, I don't mind snow.

Say, anybody want to watch a movie with me? How 'bout 'The Shining' or 'Misery' perhaps?!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is what my 1999 Dodge Durango looked like before I dug it out today:

I tried to drive to the local Lowe's for some more Ice Melt and it didn't make it 10-feet before it got stuck!!

I'm getting cabin fever bad. It wouldn't be so bad if the damned squirrels would come out and gave me a target... err... play.
    Last edited by CarlosDJackal; 12-20-09 at 15:31.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    Waist deep yesterday. Once I dug the Audi out, she was good to go.

Feedback Score
    Yeah Bro the weather in SoCal is a little out of control. I actually had to wear a long sleeve shirt on my run. OK who am I kidding...I took it off within 5 minutes. It's like 70 here. NO white Christmas for me! Booo

Last edited by JenX; 12-20-09 at 19:53.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JenX View Post
    Yeah Bro the weather in SoCal is a little out of control. I actually had to wear a long sleeve shirt on my run. OK who am I kidding...I took it off within 5 minutes. It's like 70 here. NO white Christmas for me! Booo

Good for you, but can't imagine Christmas without the chance of snow at least. But that's what a lifetime in the Northeast will do to one, I suppose.

Meant to add that I am beyond sore after digging not just myself, but 3 neighbors out of our 2 ft of snow as well. Never really felt my 40 years as much as I did this weekend, but then again I did about 5 times what anyone else did around me. So many seniors to help here, but so be it.
    Last edited by Safetyhit; 12-21-09 at 19:08.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah Bro the weather in SoCal is a little out of control. I actually had to wear a long sleeve shirt on my run. OK who am I kidding...I took it off within 5 minutes. It's like 70 here...
    Well, Merry Christmas to you too!!
    Last edited by CarlosDJackal; 12-21-09 at 19:26.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Some of us like real Seasons(see previous page). I will keep an occasional overly-agressive snowfall and you can keep the Wildfires, Mud Slides and Earthquakes, Mountain Lions, Grizzlys and the Governator.

The worst Earthquake in my life was a Three and we haven't had a bad fire season since 91.

The grass is always greener.

BTW: Nice Sweater.
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 12-21-09 at 22:04.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Some of us like real Seasons(see previous page). I will keep an occasional overly-agressive snowfall and you can keep the Wildfires, Mud Slides and Earthquakes, Mountain Lions, Grizzlys and the Governator.

The worst Earthquake in my life was a Three and we haven't had a bad fire season since 91.

The grass is always greener.

BTW: Nice Sweater.
    Dude seriously I hate CA! I'm only here temporarily Thank GAWD. Although as a kid in Wisconsin I did get frostbite when my mom's car broke down in a blizzard and we had to walk to the next farm. Good times. Have a nice white Christmas!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast