Thread: Zero Targets Optimized for Red Dot Style Optics (Aimpoint, EOTech, etc...)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This looks outstanding. Definitely going to give these a try. What do you imagine the difference would be on the 75 grain stuff like.Hornady T2?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"No one is more hopelessly enslaved, than the person who falsely believes he is free."
    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dfsutton View Post
    This looks outstanding. Definitely going to give these a try. What do you imagine the difference would be on the 75 grain stuff like.Hornady T2?
    I just threw the data from Hornady's site in my ballistics app and it looks like the 75 grain T2 TAP round will impact -1.1" @ 25 yards for a 50 yard zero. This is with a muzzle velocity of 2660 fps. The adjusted 25 yard / 50 yard zero targets above have the adjusted POI dot at -1.2", so they should get you really close. Maybe just adjust your POI slightly lower on the 25 yard adjusted target.

Also, the 50 yard zero will also yield a 50/180ish yard zero using 75g T2 instead of the common 50/200 yard zero that you get with 55 / 62grain loads.
    Last edited by thecolter; 01-16-12 at 07:14.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Interesting....I am working on zeroing my T-1 in (better than it is currently zeroed) and this looks worth trying. Just to make sure when printing this, with scaling on NONE, is this to be printed on 8.5x11?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Interesting....I am working on zeroing my T-1 in (better than it is currently zeroed) and this looks worth trying. Just to make sure when printing this, with scaling on NONE, is this to be printed on 8.5x11?
    Correct, these are intended to be used with standard 8.5x11" paper. For verification, the numbered grid lines are spaced at 1/2".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks again for posting these. I've used them several times lately.
    "We need to get over the romance of aligning sights and get to the business of shooting smelly bearded men in the face more efficiently."
    Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Can we please sticky these already...
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    `This is great info thanks guys!

Feedback Score
    This made my day... thank you!