Page 71 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Comp muzzle brake

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUST8383 View Post
    That's one of the coolest photos I've seen of the BattleComp in action. Notice how it tends to stay in the expansion chamber? Pretty cool...
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Thanks Alan and Cpt. Nick, I just received a 1.0, and put it on a BCM 16" LW middy, and used an H buffer, to test it out. I only had time for 30 rounds so far, but I can say I am impressed, to say the least! Sights stay on target much better, and follow up shots are much faster. Outdoors, I didn't notice much blast difference from an A2, in the limited 30 rounds I fired. I am looking forward to more shooting with it tomorrow. I am bringing out the 16" middy with BC 1.0, another 16" middy with A2, a 14.5" middy with A2X, and a 14.5" Carbine with A2X, for side by side by side by side, comparisons. Can't wait!

The device looks very well machined, the finish is good looking, and the threads are cut for a perfect no slop fit in the particular BCM barrel I have it on currently.

I was surprised, though, how lightweight it is, and how thin the expansion chamber walls are!? Knowing that some recoil managing muzzle devices have a certain life expectancy, I am curious, regarding the BC 1.0 and 1.5's. Do you guys have any round count data, or life expectancy data for these?

Now, off to bed so I can make it to the range in the AM, before it gets brutally hot!
    Last edited by Jimbo45; 08-14-10 at 16:56.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGGodfather View Post
    once development of our suppressor compatible versions begins.
    Thanks for your interest!
    Thats the ticket I am waiting for

Feedback Score
    After reading the thread (ok, I admit I skipped a couple pages), I'm very interested in buying one for my 10.5".
    One question that I didn't see, how it the comp when shooting prone in the dirt/dust? Any pictures or video?

Feedback Score
    It is closed on the bottom, so I can't imagine it being any worse than a Birdcage, but.... have not shot it prone, so I can't say for sure.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by levi333 View Post
    After reading the thread (ok, I admit I skipped a couple pages), I'm very interested in buying one for my 10.5".
    One question that I didn't see, how it the comp when shooting prone in the dirt/dust? Any pictures or video?
    As noted it's closed on the bottom. There are a couple of pics and comments in this thread regarding using the battle comp in the urban prone position and IIRC it was noted that it brought a significant improvement over some other brakes in this position as well.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I pratically never run Wolf ammo, but I shot up 20 rounds the other day while performing a little test with my BC equipped SR15 E3. Each shot resulted in a small shower of sparks from the comp. Does Wolf usually have alot of flash? I have shot Centurion .223, LC M193, Hornady, BH and Guat M193 through the BC and none of them exhibited any significant flash during daylight or on an indoor range with average lighting, except for that Wolf ammo.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    We don't shoot a lot of Wolf, but we have run about 100 rounds out of 2,500+ fired. Didn't notice any strange sparking, but it certainly happened to you!

Been shooting quite a bit of Hornady training ammo lately, and it's been great.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Between Wolf and Tula, I've fired about ten mags through my middy since installing the BC 1.0. I've not noticed anything strange like that either.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by levi333 View Post
    i've done quite a bit of various prone position shooting, weapon up, weapon sideways, over dirt, grass, concrete, etc... it does jet some, obviously, but i dont think any more than an A2. not nearly as much as side port only brakes. with the closed bottom, it's just as good as anything else out there for straight up prone shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I pratically never run Wolf ammo, but I shot up 20 rounds the other day while performing a little test with my BC equipped SR15 E3. Each shot resulted in a small shower of sparks from the comp. Does Wolf usually have alot of flash?
    sounds like you might have gotten some funky powder in your batch. i've seen "sparky" ammo, and i really don't think the muzzle device does much for or against it.

---

fired my battlecomped tenfive without earpro the other day.. one shot was enough. damn electronic earpro makes it easy to forget. i was surprised that it wasn't worse than it was. i'd guess in the sound-absorbing confines of a residential dwelling, you could get through a whole mag before blood dribbled out your ears.

its always surprising the stark contrast between ear-pro'd sound and raw report. my nailgun at work is the same way- muted thump, thump, thump, thump- till i take my earpro off. then it's crack, crack, crack, crack. but for as much as the B/C booms with earpro on, i still expected an eardrum shattering shockwave of concussion... instead, it actually sounded a little higher pitched than an A2. if my memory is sound, my old 4" 45 was louder than the B/C'd 10.5- at least it made my ears ring worse.

Page 71 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast