Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
Hard to argue with simplicity! OS's recommendation is the easy button.

You give up a lot of flexibility, but it sounds like you don't care.

I have similar Kenwood gmrs only handhelds (tk3101) that are almost 25 years old and still trucking. Very rugged and simple.

I don't see a current Kenwood equivalent, so if outlander says these baofeng gmrs pros are good to go, that's an easy answer.

Outlander, it looks like these can transmit only on gmrs, but can receive all UHF and VHF. Can that be overridden to allow VHF transmit or ham UHF? I like that you can set up repeater channels as well from the front panel though.

Also, I'm thinking you had one of the Chinese 148s? Did you ever look into the newer 152's?
Yeah I feel bad that I asked to just be sent links and now I’m throwing other factors out there…

He definitely does, there’s a 20 page thread on TOS where he’s posted a lot about them that I’m slowly trying to work through. Programming seems to be giving a headache to several people that know way more than me. I know how to get to the freq I want on an actual 152 and switch between handset or Peltor setup. That and some durability is all I want right now but the amount of info out there is super overwhelming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk