25 3.58%
  • Crye

61 8.73%
  • Vel-Tye

2 0.29%
  • Other

216 30.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plate Carrier Member Survey / Review.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SW-Shooter View Post
    What model is that? Thank you.
    It's the Beez Combat systems NIJ carrier.

http://beezcombatsystems.com/BCS-NIJ...er-BCS-NIJ.htm

Here's the front... It's like a beefy version of a concealment carrier.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Updated my post above

Mark: What soft panels did you use for that? How concealable is it with those straps going across the front? How's the quality? I've been looking for a rig like that as well...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Updated my post above

Mark: What soft panels did you use for that? How concealable is it with those straps going across the front? How's the quality? I've been looking for a rig like that as well...
    I picked up some IIIa soft panels from GreyGroup... I think the biggest panels fill the carrier, but I could check the size. I've not tried to wear it in a concealment fashion.... although any loose coat would do it. It's built well. Good material and velcro.

It works well with concealment style soft panels in a larger size than you run for a normal concealed carrier under a uniform shirt. That's what I liked about it.... it's a beefed up concealment carrier that gives me more coverage without all the crap on the chest that messes up your prone.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    What plate carrier do you currently use?
    Mayflower APC

How did you choose this make/model?
    I liked the low profile and simplicity of this plate carrier. The reviews were also very good.

Likes/Dislikes? Strengths/weaknesses?
    I like all the internal pouches. I find the top admin pouch a bit difficult to access though. I don't like the vertical straps on the sides on the top. I kinda wish they were horizontal (I don't plan on using the chest rigs). I do like the shoulder pads. I have a PIG hydration on the back, and it fits great. I kinda wish it had the hydration tube stays on the shoulder pads like the LBT 6094. Because the color, I have not worn this to work. But I have worn it out shooting for hours on end. It stays in place well, even when running.

also I just ordered a banshee shellback for a active shooter rig for work. When it gets in, I'll review that as well.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elements223 View Post
    What plate carrier do you currently use?
    Mayflower APC

How did you choose this make/model?
    I liked the low profile and simplicity of this plate carrier. The reviews were also very good.

Likes/Dislikes? Strengths/weaknesses?
    I like all the internal pouches. I find the top admin pouch a bit difficult to access though. I don't like the vertical straps on the sides on the top. I kinda wish they were horizontal (I don't plan on using the chest rigs). I do like the shoulder pads. I have a PIG hydration on the back, and it fits great. I kinda wish it had the hydration tube stays on the shoulder pads like the LBT 6094. Because the color, I have not worn this to work. But I have worn it out shooting for hours on end. It stays in place well, even when running.

also I just ordered a banshee shellback for a active shooter rig for work. When it gets in, I'll review that as well.
    I'm interested to hear how they compare. Definitely keep us updated.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Blue Force Gear LMAC

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    What Plate Carrier do you currently use?
    Crye JPC

How did you chose the make, model?
    Militarymoron had a great review up that helped me gauge how the JPC was without actually handling one. Also my previous carriers (LBT 6094A, SDS RBAV-SF) were all 1000D or 500D and I only ran a few magazines (3 or 4 at most) and water and just didn't need all that MOLLE or high denier cordura for abrasion resistance. I wanted to cut down on weight.

Likes/Dislikes Strengths/Weaknesses
    Dislikes: Plate pockets seem to be a bit small especially with soft armor, the attachment of the shoulder straps seem weak but for now are holding up.

That being said I wouldn't mind going back to the 6094A, shit was bombproof and durable and well thought out.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Big fan of the crye jpc. Ultra slim shoulder straps, really easy to shoulder yiur rifle, very simple design, can use as a low pro rig or load the crap out of it. Integrated ar mag pouches and an integrated small admin up top. Using and it for several months now on call outs and training. No complaints.
    Tier 1 Defense
    Precision rifle builders
    (908)403-1757
    www.tieronedefense.com
    www.facebook.com/tier1defense

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    -What plate carrier do you currently use?

Current: BFG PlateMinus w/ stand alone SAPIs.

-How did you choose this make/model?

Wanted a PC that is low profile and can be run slick most of the time. BFG is one of the few manufacturers that make a Gray PC. Was not interested in an overt color.

-Likes/Dislikes? Strengths/weaknesses?

Material is very strong and has a minimal foot print even when ran with SAPIs matching BFG pouches & mags. Shoulder straps are comfortable for extended periods, no pads necessary. Perfect if your needs are not full battle rattle. Recommend BFG pouches to match PC as it lays almost flush if not used - as pictured.

P144:1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It's the Beez Combat systems NIJ carrier.

http://beezcombatsystems.com/BCS-NIJ...er-BCS-NIJ.htm

Here's the front... It's like a beefy version of a concealment carrier.

Is there any problem that the plate in front sitting a little low on chest?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast