Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX160 Update

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was really impressed with the weight and barrel change feature. Would like to see some durability testing, stock felt particularly weak. Spoke to engineer who said was in process of shipping machinery from Italy to set up US production.
    B5 Systems, Inc. Owner - I can be contacted at mark@b5systems.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I inquired last year directly with Beretta about this rifle and was told that there were no plans of releasing this rifle to the US market. That was almost 1 year ago. Now it seems that there is more interest or at least desire from Beretta to maybe get some government contracts. The weapon system looks promissing to me and I would love for it to hit the streets here in the US. Like all new weapon systems, it has to be proven and that sometimes takes a while. If Beretta plays their cards right, they could have a winner with this one. On paper it sure sounds like a winner. BTW, since it has so much polymer, how expensive could it be? If it is a performer (like the HK XM-8 supposedly was) and is priced close to what the ACR was supposed to be at, the sky is the limit.

O

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by keller View Post
    I was really impressed with the weight and barrel change feature. Would like to see some durability testing, stock felt particularly weak. Spoke to engineer who said was in process of shipping machinery from Italy to set up US production.
    Plus they are releasing it in 7.62x39.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That handguard is really fat.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trinydex View Post
    That handguard is really fat.
    No more than a m4 KAC handguard with mounted covers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks like the Px Storm and the ACR had a baby. I saw the ambi ejection port and I just wanted to fill it full of sand.
    Last edited by Eddiesketti; 01-28-12 at 09:18.
    Looking for someone who can make a polygonal 1911 barrel for my father. IM me if you can help.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddiesketti View Post
    I saw the ambi ejection port and I just wanted to fill it full of sand.
    Yep that's what I took out of this too. I haven't handled the rifle but the action sure looks exposed to the elements due to the ambi-ejection feature. Maybe there's something in place to deal with it...I don't know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
    Another good take at the ARX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=422ybNVKjWE

The guy says that Beretta plans to produce and sell it in the USA til the end of the year or the beginning of the next.

The barrel change is so incredibly easy, puts all other guns to shame.
    The Steyr AUG barrel has been incredibly easy to change for 30 years now.

Feedback Score
    This gun was made to marry the .300 BLK. If Beretta launches a 7.62 barrel, it will be a hit for sure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
    This gun was made to marry the .300 BLK. If Beretta launches a 7.62 barrel, it will be a hit for sure.
    Beretta, in 2009 (when the rifle was adopted by Italian Army...) announced that the ARX160 would be produced only in the following calibers:

- 5.56 NATO (done)
    - 7,62 Soviet (done)
    - 6,8 SPC (not yet presented)

That's it.

The assumption I made is that the carbine has been designed ONLY to use intermediate rifle ammos.

If a ARX will be issued in a full power caliber ammo, like 7,62 x 51, the model name will be NOT anymore ARX160 but ARX <something else> ....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast