Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: IWC QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT as installed into a MOE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Wow, I just looked at my order invoice. IWC wrote a hand written, personalized "Thank you for your order" on it.
    Same here....my order came fast and the parts are very well made......I'm pleased!!

Feedback Score
    Received 2 and installed with no problems. Great addition to the MOE handguard.

Feedback Score

M4 Hand Guard Install Thread...

[QUOTE=urbankaos04;978669]Happen to have a link?

Hi!

We added a link to the M4 Carbine Hand Guard install on IWC's QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT Product Details page.

Here's the Link: http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...d-micro-mount/

Thanks go out to MikePapa95B for the awesome pics of his install. We spoke this week... his install is still secure and he loves the kit!

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by urbankaos04 View Post
    Can this sling mount be used on STANDARD handguards?
    I stuck one of these in a CAR handguard today. It worked out great.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet-Matt View Post
    I remember in Boot Camp, we used to slap those A2 hand guards off every time we had drill. Are you worried about those HG's poppin off?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just installed mine in the mid length MOE handguards. Followed the guide on page 1 and it was easy peasy!!!
    Back in the land of Waffle House and sweet tea!!!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Question: I see several references in this thread to using a Forstner type drillbit, which is a fairly specialized woodworking bit (most often used for drilling holes that do not go completely through the workpiece). I have complete sets of twist drill bits (the common style) and spade bits (a common wood drill style for larger holes) and may even have a 1/2" solid carbide bit floating around. Is there a benefit to using a Forstner bit instead? I'm planning to use a drill press rather than a handheld drill if it makes a difference.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Is there a benefit to using a Forstner bit instead? I'm planning to use a drill press rather than a handheld drill if it makes a difference.
    You could probably get by with a standard twist bit in a drill press. The forstner bit is just more precise and makes a neater hole IMHO. Mine was about $5 at my local True Value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Question: I see several references in this thread to using a Forstner type drillbit, which is a fairly specialized woodworking bit (most often used for drilling holes that do not go completely through the workpiece). I have complete sets of twist drill bits (the common style) and spade bits (a common wood drill style for larger holes) and may even have a 1/2" solid carbide bit floating around. Is there a benefit to using a Forstner bit instead? I'm planning to use a drill press rather than a handheld drill if it makes a difference.
    Here's what we use in a drill press at the slowest speed with some fixturing... http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...0333598&ucst=t

Forstner works best with a hand held. Several customers scraped their hand guards using other methods / bits.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet-Matt View Post
    Sweet!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast