View Poll Results: MBUS or Troy?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • MBUS

46 25.14%
  • Troy

137 74.86%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MBUS or Troy? Really can't decide.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc51 View Post
    My team is in our pre-deployment shooting package now and had bought Troys before I arrived; about one third of ours have gone down for one reason or another. I haven't been able to try them myself since I use my own sights (the previous user of my rifle had to replace his Troys with personal ones, too, so there weren't any on it when I drew it). You can get KAC 300m sights for less than the Troys, and you know they're going to work, or GG&G for a lot less. The only other sights we tried that were worse than the Troys were the YHM. For the guys with broken Troys, they're ordering the Magpul MBUS quickly since we still have a few more weeks of shooting to do.
    Do tell where I might find KAC's for less than Troys. Everywhere I've looked, they're about $100 more.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have the Troys - but just recently I also picked up a set of the ARMS 71 polymer back up sights - and am quite impressed with them. Slightly lower profile than the Magpuls and were slightly cheaper too (just under $80 for the front and rear pair from Smartgunner on Ebay). Probably the biggest thing that put me off the Magpul offering was their front sight post - it always looks like it is halfway unscrewed to me....purely cosmetic I'm sure, but with the ARMS ones you just get a normal A2 front sight post in the unit that fits flush.

Just another option for you - of course the metal Troy sights are the standard if you are motivated to spend the extra money, and of course they are stronger - but really, for 99% of uses there is nothing wrong with the polymer ones either.
    Dan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would go with the Troy, that's what I'll be getting when I have some extra cash. I have never heard anything negative about the Troy.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I own both and like both, but I prefer the Troy. The best feature of the MBUS is the quick deployment and if the Troys had that, they would be absolutely perfect IMHO. They are absolutely rock solid and hold zero very dependably. The main drawbacks on the MBUS is that they are plastic, which at least a theoretical/psychological drawback to me, and they're pretty chunky (size, not weight). I will be interested to see the new lower profile ones when they come out.
    "COME AND TAKE IT"

NRA Endowment Life Member
    Texas State Rifle Association

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick1987 View Post
    I would go with the Troy, that's what I'll be getting when I have some extra cash. I have never heard anything negative about the Troy.
    I just sold my Troys to buy MBUS, so I voted Magpul. There isn't anything wrong with either one, there just isn't enough added value to me to pay the extra cost for the Troys.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I wanted to update this thread for posterity/searching sake. I ended up going with the KAC Micro's. 600M rear and Micro Front. I felt these sights were a cut above the others. Buy once, cry once and all that. I don't regret spending the extra money a bit!
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Like I mentioned in the other thread, I prefer a KAC 600M over any other..
    Congratulations on the purchase!
    Last edited by Rattlehead; 02-23-11 at 15:30.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    troy.. cant beat metal

Feedback Score
    KAC 600m Rear Sight, and KAC M4 front sight.

Or Troy M4 sights.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast