Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AXTS A-DAC 10 lower (7.62x51mm)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by axtsweapons View Post
    Wolfen,

The AX762 lowers that we showed at SHOT were prototypes we completed just in time for the show. They have to be thoroughly tested before we go into production. During this testing phase we will also be exploring more cost effective ways to manufacture the custom steel parts that go into the lower. The prototypes were all machined from solid tool steel which is quite expensive.
    All that to say I cannot answer your question on price right now. I do have a pretty good ballpark but would not want to have any unhappy customers before even selling a product if I am off.
    gotcha, no problem. until you get into production it is hard to figure costs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

308 ambi lowers

Worst case delivery date on these

Quote Originally Posted by fmiq View Post
    Worst case delivery date on these
    All I should say at this point is sometime this year.
    Joshua Underwood
    President
    AXTS Weapons Systems
    Josh@axtsweapons.com
    (503) 893-4624

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have never been so eager to bankrupt myself. Looks awesome.
    Not familiar with the dpms /sr-25 pattern, will this lower fit the ma10 upper from mega?
    Last edited by MookNW; 03-18-11 at 20:17.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MookNW View Post
    I have never been so eager to bankrupt myself. Looks awesome.
    Not familiar with the dpms /sr-25 pattern, will this lower fit the ma10 upper from mega?
    Not exactly. The takedown pins will line up, but the cut at the rear of the MA-TEN upper is angular, whereas the cut at the rear of this lower is radiused. So, there will be a gap between the upper and lower.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    surprised the billet lowers dont have the 68 degree selector markings but then again they are prototypes arent they...maybe next week I'll get around to putting in my pre-order for an Adac-F lower really like the idea of a 45 degree selector..the bolt catch mag release integration is just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Not exactly. The takedown pins will line up, but the cut at the rear of the MA-TEN upper is angular, whereas the cut at the rear of this lower is radiused. So, there will be a gap between the upper and lower.
    You are correct in saying that the prototype would fit the MA TEN but leave a gap. The prototype was only made to fit a DPMS upper because that is all we had on hand just before SHOT show.

We are currently designing a billet upper that will have the angled SR25 interface and the AX762 lowers will of course be updated to this style as well to create a matched set. In theory the production AX762 lower should fit any SR25 pattern upper ( MA TEN included) although we cannot garuntee it will fit other makers uppers due to their varying tolerances. The AX762 upper lower set will match up perfectly in every way in terms of fit, form, and function.
    Last edited by axtsweapons; 03-26-11 at 01:00.
    Joshua Underwood
    President
    AXTS Weapons Systems
    Josh@axtsweapons.com
    (503) 893-4624

Feedback Score
    So your upper will fit a LMT lower??

Also can you use a SR-25 URX on it???

I hope so, that way i can build a SR-25 style upper for my lower

FREE

Quote Originally Posted by axtsweapons View Post
    You are correct in saying that the prototype would fit the MA TEN but leave a gap. The prototype was only made to fit a DPMS upper because that is all we had on hand just before SHOT show.

We are currently designing a billet upper that will have the angled SR25 interface and the AX762 lowers will of course be updated to this style as well to create a matched set. In theory the production AX762 lower should fit any SR25 pattern upper ( MA TEN included) although we cannot garuntee it will fit other makers uppers due to their varying tolerances. The AX762 upper lower set will match up perfectly in every way in terms of fit, form, and function.

Quote Originally Posted by freefalle7 View Post
    So your upper will fit a LMT lower??

Also can you use a SR-25 URX on it???

I hope so, that way i can build a SR-25 style upper for my lower

FREE
    Thanks for your interest in our products.

Our billet AX762 upper should fit the LMT lower since it is an SR25 pattern design but we cannot guarantee this since we do not know what dimensional tolerances they hold their receivers to in the manufacturing process.

I don't know if the SR25 URX rail handguard will fit it. Honestly I had not thought about it til you brought it up. I will do what I can to see if we cant make our upper design compatible with it.

Since we do not have access to the tolerances other manufacturers use when producing the SR25 pattern, it may be in the best interest of both our customers and ourselves to only offer the AX762 as a matched Upper/Lower set. The last thing that we and our customers need is to have an upper not fit another makers lower or vice versa. Not only would both parties lose time and money in having to deal with returns, we would undoubtedly end up with returned uppers that were dinged or scratched. This would cost us money in no longer having an upper that was suitable to sell in new condition.
    Last edited by axtsweapons; 03-28-11 at 05:05.
    Joshua Underwood
    President
    AXTS Weapons Systems
    Josh@axtsweapons.com
    (503) 893-4624

Feedback Score
    You can kill two birds with one stone

Make the upper and lower so the are cross compatable with LMT/KAC/Larue uppers and lowers

Also make the upper so it will work with the SR-25 URX, that way all of us guys with LMT/Larue pattern guns can build light weight uppers to replace the LMT upper without the KAC price.

If you do this you will create a cheap yet great 308 upper/lower and fit the need of a low price/lighter receiver replacement for us LMT owners

FREE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast