Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Colt CM901 on DefenseReview, 308 platform that will also shoot a 5.56 upper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    At $3k it is up against the Larue OBR, the LMT MWS and Titan. At $3k I think colt will loose a lot of money on these guns because most people except for colt fans and collectors will buy an obr or an mws with quick change barrel options.
    And in case you haven't noticed, Colt's marketing department hasn't exactly made a lot of great decisions over the last 30 years or so.

I agree, but most everyone above you on this thread and another thread think it is because it comes from colt. When someone says that they think the gun should sell at $3k, then they are saying it is the equal of an OBR.
    Notice I didn't say any such thing. I just believe that Colt will not price it at a competitive price.

At $2k ish the colt will be a good deal. If it approaches the cost of the LMT, titan, or even the OBR, it will have to meet a very high standard.
    I stand by my prediction. Civilian MSRP will be closer to 3K.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    And in case you haven't noticed, Colt's marketing department hasn't exactly made a lot of great decisions over the last 30 years or so.

Notice I didn't say any such thing. I just believe that Colt will not price it at a competitive price.

I stand by my prediction. Civilian MSRP will be closer to 3K.
    I agree with you but, I hope you are wrong and it is closer to 2k. At 2k ish I am in for one. At 3k I will wait to see how this new beast pans out. Lets hope that colt decides to price it competitively.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HiLow64Imp View Post
    This Colt guy didn't have any trouble. What's David Crane's
    background? He's just a blogger right?
    No weapon background from what I've been told, and was never MIL/ LE.
    Last edited by Stickman; 01-23-11 at 00:41.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Why is there so many treads on the new colt?

Feedback Score
    I agree with you but, I hope you are wrong and it is closer to 2k. At 2k ish I am in for one. At 3k I will wait to see how this new beast pans out. Lets hope that colt decides to price it competitively.
    If it works and was near 2K, it would be Colt's most successful gun in quite some time.

I'd love for my pessimism to be proved wrong......

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    wolfen and Jakes'Dad.

KNOCK IT OFF!

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    If it works and was near 2K, it would be Colt's most successful gun in quite some time.

I'd love for my pessimism to be proved wrong......
    Being very frank, if colt prices it at 3k, I will not even consider it. The Larue OBR is my first choice in that price range. LMT MWS is my first choice at $2500.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Colt 901
    - carbine length gas system.

LMT MWS what we know it has:
    - Mid length gas system, better than carbine length system
    - Angled gas port for smoother gas flow - I think derived from KAC SR-25
    The CM901/SP901 does not use a carbine length gas system. Also how does a gas port that is angled back towards the origin of flow help "smooth out" gas flow? Have you ever seen any water pipes angled like that? Either way, that gas is going to have to make a 180 degree turn. Which is better, two 90 degree turns or a 135 deg turn followed by a 45 deg turn? Angled gas ports have other drawbacks as well, as evidenced by Russia's change from an angled gas port on the AKM series to a straight (90 deg) gas port on the AK74/AK-100 series of guns.

Dano5326 Guest
    -an angled gas port has nothing to do with "smoothing" out a gas port, nor is a 90 degree port better. An angled port erodes less. The new russian 100+ series is optimized toward ease of production, as evidenced by MANY changes in the 100+ series manufacturing method, 90 degrees is easier to do and less wear on tooling.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Colt rep told me the price would hover around 2K.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast