Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FN SCAR gets a PDW model

Feedback Score
    barrel seems to be really short for any intermediate cartridge. What's the length?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    barrel seems to be really short for any intermediate cartridge. What's the length?
    Wait, as far I know cartridge like the 6.8mm SPC and the 7.62 BLK are quite good from shorter barrels since they don't rely so much in speed like the 5.56mm, instead relying more on their mass and quick burn powder.

ACC claim that BLK has more muzzle energy from 9" barrel than the M855 has from a 16"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
    Wait, as far I know cartridge like the 6.8mm SPC and the 7.62 BLK are quite good from shorter barrels since they don't rely so much in speed like the 5.56mm, instead relying more on their mass and quick burn powder.

ACC claim that BLK has more muzzle energy from 9" barrel than the M855 has from a 16"
    I'm thinking more about the consequences of having significantly increased muzzle blast and flash.

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking more about the consequences of having significantly increased muzzle blast and flash.
    If a cartridge is designed to perform well from a short barrel, it means its powder burns rather fast and muzzle blast is reduced.

The 7.62 BLK has a 35mm case, there cant be much enough powder inside it to give it a muzzle blast any bigger than the 45mm case of the 5.56mm.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    It shoots amazing soft and very controllable in full-auto in 5.56mm.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    What's the grey bar behind the ejection port?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    What's the grey bar behind the ejection port?
    It's on both sides of the receiver. It's for the MP5 style collapsible type stock that I didn't get to use.

I shot a 238 of 250 possible that day on the qualification course using Lake City M855. The agents were using the SCAR 17 .308 with Rem 168gr MATCH. I had the 2nd highest score. They agent who beat me was using a SCAR 17 with Rem 168gr MATCH and an ACOG (all the other agents had Aimpoint M4s'). I had an Aimpoint T1 in a tall LaRue mount.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My only complaint with this would be the atrocious ballistics of a 5.56x45 in a barrel that short, switch to a more SBR friendly round (like the 6.8 SPC) and I think it's an obvious winner.

Hell, even offering a 9mm variant could be really interesting, it'd be like an MP5 that would share parts and manual of arms with the SCAR rifles.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've got to do and see a lot of "Kool" things in my travels, but never got to shoot new weapons. I really want to hang out with guys. Yal are always shooting badass weapons. I'm jealous as hell.

Brad
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Where are the 18", 14", and 10" barrels for my SCAR?
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast