Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAR: Ken Hackathorn 2 Day Advanced Handgun - September 18-19, 2010

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    <tweet>

I don't have much to add since orionz06's post hit the nail on the head. I have been fortunate in that this was my second time taking Ken Hackathorn's Advanced Handgun, this year nonetheless. The first time, I made many of the realizations that orionz06 mentioned. This time around, while being cognizant of those realizations, they really seemed to click and I was no longer just doing things because Ken Hackathorn said to. Ken doesn't teach methods that have been proven to be ineffective or simply not used in real-life off the range. Heck, he even doesn't call you your name if it doesn't work, as was the case of Roscoe Samuel Jose. Ken renamed me "Dick" after jokingly placing an additional stressor on aray during the one drill.

If I could only attend one course a year, this would be the one.

I must say that the whole group of shooters was definitely the best I have ever shot with at a course, even considering a few had never taken a formal handgun course. Everyone was squared-away and dialed-in, or became dialed-in with some tweaking or an exorcism from Ken. There was no “that guy” with competency or safety issues.

And it goes without saying, Jay through his outfit Low Speed High Drag does one heck of a job hosting a class. Jay is a stand-up guy goes the extra effort in preparation and logistics. I expect great things to come from Low Speed High Drag in the future and think utilizing it would be extremely beneficial for any serious instructor. And for the person looking for no bullcrap instruction, look to LSHD to "arm yourself with knowledge!"

</tweet>

Feedback Score
    Not a lot more I can add. Ken is great, if you get the chance to train with him do it. His willingness to candidly share his opinion on gear and tactics was refreshing, and who knew he could exorcise inanimate objects?

Jay did another fantastic job setting things up, I'm seeing a pattern here. LSHD is a very professional operation, well done.

Eagle5 is a dick, no question. Someday when you least expect it... Ken seemed to really appreciate your humor.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Thanks for the kind words!

You guys were easy - hardly like herding cats at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12