Thread: Tips for shooting the IDPA classifer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    A lotta good stuff here -- thanks everybody.

I don't agree though with the blanket NO on practicing the classifier. Although I do think that you should not practice only the classifier, doing so on some basis can provide a benefit.

(a) It is probably good to see where you stand with the classifier every now and then, especially if you haven't shot it in awhile. You can easily do so at your own convenience rather than waiting for the next match to come around, which can take up to several months.

(b) Practice shooting through the entire course-of-fire with for-real scoring also better helps to identify weak points for follow-up practice on string-specific drills. I recently did this and found I needed a lot more help on some strings than others. I've spent most of the past month focusing on improving those, while also maintaining (hopefully) the strings I've had less trouble with.

I've got a time slot at a local classifier match this Saturday, so will see then whether my strategy pays off.

ETA - It appears to have worked: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=60924
    Last edited by blackscot; 08-24-10 at 05:52.