Quote Originally Posted by PRGGodfather View Post
Glad you like it! (And you'd better be buying LOTS of drinks before you think about any leg humping! LOL)
I'll keep that in mind...

Yes, when your barrel gets significantly below 14" it becomes a real challenge to control flash with just a compensator, even ours. Still, much of your defensive posture can be assisted with good ammunition selection, but it sounds like you knew all of that going into this.
The Hornady TAP was really the one I thought would work out. It is not only lower powered, it also has significantly more flash suppressors in it that the SSA ammo does. I could see using the standard SSA, the muzzle flash was noticeable but not really distracting. The tactical loads shot a flash that completely filled the AimPoint.

FWIW, that little thing must've been throwing flames with just a thread protector on it! It still cracks me up that your optic is almost as long as the barrel...
Yup, and the concussion was very loud and tiresome since I was inside a shooting booth. After 100 rounds I really didn't feel like shooting more. With the BattleComp, I was still raring to go after 100 rounds.