Page 21 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Comp muzzle brake

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGGodfather View Post
    Is this about how long the BC 1.5 will be? Would it be out of line to say the BC 1.5 will look like the BABC minus the flutes?

I can't wait to throw large amounts of money at you for a BC 1.5 in titanium

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Nope, the BC1.5 will be just like the BC1.0, the difference being our adding length to bring 14.5 bbls to 16.1" OAL and being pre-drilled on the flats to assist pinning. It may even have a third ring or wider flat to accommodate length and pinning issues. Marty is super-focused on the BABC right now.

The BABC is just over 2" long, but it handles a variety of loads, from 6.5 to 7.62 x 51. Flash is pretty bright with the 12" SBR's, so we are trying to work that out. 16" bbls show flash consistent with an A2-style muzzle device.

Marty is still figuring out the titanium possibilities. We understand there are some erosion issues, and we would likely have to outsource the work to an entity already working with titanium. That would drive up the cost considerably, FWIW. So far, you're the only person to ask.

We've been working overtime to get the next batch of BattleComps out, so the titanium version has been tabled for now.

The question we have been pondering is: How many BABC models should we produce for the first run? Should we do a pre-order process first, or solicit a group buy?

Input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, folks.

Best,
    Alan
    Last edited by PRGGodfather; 06-15-10 at 00:08.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    put me down for one of the 7.62x51 models.

my M1A bush rifle is gonna love that!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Marty is still figuring out the titanium possibilities. We understand there are some erosion issues, and we would likely have to outsource the work to an entity already working with titanium. That would drive up the cost considerably, FWIW. So far, you're the only person to ask.
    Understood, thanks for the heads up. Still in for a steel 1.5 if the ti version proves to be a no go.

Feedback Score
    We use a very small end mill bit to cut the peripheral vents. The walls on the BABC are thicker than the BC1.0. As such, to cut all the way through, we would need a longer bit, which could create some wobble and imprecise cuts.

Cutting the flutes first, and then cutting the peripheral vents allowed the use of the shorter bit, and allows us to maintain precision on the vent slots.

Looking sexy was merely a by-product of form following function, and in case anyone was wondering; so we have no plans to add such flutes to the BC1.0, as they are not necessary for performance.
    That makes sense! Thanks again for giving us an insider's view of your product development.

I'm really interested in the SOCOM evaluation of the BC if you can tell us about that too.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    Got to tag this - ok - must get order in on the 21st!

Taming a 10.5" piston will me an interesting test. In full auto! I just have to get the AAC comp off which means no more M4-2000 in that config - arg. Need another upper.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    Just got done doing night fire. I shot 55gr PMC, American Eagle, and Winchester Ranger. 45gr Winchester white box HPs, and XM193PD. The .223 had a very dull red flash that extended about an inch outside the brake. No flash bulb effect. The XM193 was much brighter and had flash that extended beyond the front sight base. Not too bad, but not the best choice for serious work. The 45gr hollowpoints were terrible. I fired 5 and gave up, it was as bad as firing without any muzzle device. Light Bullets and large Powder Charge? As has been said before, with a decent duty round and the battle comp will work fine at night. From the shooters perspective it's a little worse than an A2, from the sides it has a pretty bright flash.

Pardon my terrible camera skills. Here are some videos I shot (I shot a lot of videos most were useless)

Colt 6920, Winchester Ranger 55gr ballistic tip (not my choice, but it's all the department authorizes), Surefire G2 with Malkoff M60.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-XKiWOInJI
    As you can see the light completely wipes out any flash. Even without the light the flash isn't bad, I was holding the camera little high, so it makes the flash worse than it appears. Last two shots were 12" above the rifle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxoqBT36P9c
    Here's holding the Camera a little too low but it's closer to what the shooter actually sees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWif3fAICeI
    Here's the flip video camera 8" to the side of the muzzle, on an old picnic bench. The camera gets rocked back and forth with every shot, and falls over on the fourth. Muzzle blast to the sides? Not much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MJ_eTqlYjA
    Just for comparison sake, Sig p226 and Winchester Ranger 127gr +P+ 9mm. Looks worse than it really is.
    Last edited by pcf; 06-15-10 at 02:08.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    +1 7.62x51 titanium version

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Focus on the extended version for pin&weld applications PLEEEEZ???

I got a 14.5" BCM middy build in the works that is in desperate need of one.

My Flip MinoHD video camera is ready to post videos of the finished product....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd be in for a BC1.5 as well.

Page 21 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast