Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul Quadstack Magazine - patent filed

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Magpul Quadstack Magazine - patent filed

appears a patent was filed for a quad stack magazine. Follower is variable geometry which folds out when in the quad stack portion of the mag and folds back in in the double stack portion. Wonder how this will turn out. Speculated that it holds 50 rounds. If it works good, might be fun to have a couple

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...tack-magazine/

Magpul has just filed a patent application (#20100126053) for a quad stack AR-15 compatible magazine.

The design is quite straight forward. A central partition separates two duel staggered round stacks. Two springs are used, a lower stronger spring and a weaker top spring, which are joined by spring slicer.

The magazine has a constant curve geometry. Interestingly, the transition area (16) is asymmetric in order to stagger rounds correctly.

The follower is very interesting. Two bails (58a and 58b) are spring loaded. When the follower is pushed against the central partition they part and reveal a hole which allows the follower to descend below the partition.

The patent does not reveal what the capacity of the magazine would be. I would expect it would be around 50 rounds.

The patent application comes on the heel of the announcement from Izmash that one of the major features of the AK-200 will be a 60 round quad stack magazine. It seems 2010 or 2011 may be the Year of the Quad Stack Mag!

A quad stack magazine would be ideal for the M27 IAR. I have no doubt that Magpul will eyeing a lucrative contract with the USMC.

You can read the full patent after the jump.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Well that is very interesting. I hope it works, but knowing Magpul it probably will. Hard to keep anything a secret now days.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    if they end up actually producing it, i'm sure it'll work.

kinda neat.

Feedback Score
    Oh great another Magpul product for me to daydream about. I have to say the guys at Magpul really try to outdo themselves at every turn. If they can make it as reliable as the Pmags, then sign me up. Thanks for the post ForTehNguyen, it is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    ""Dueling"" magazine followers.

Aside from saying duel instead of dual, it was a pretty good article. Now if they would only bring that 20-round pump shotgun to market.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm gonna need new mag pouches!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hmmm... this kinda reminds me of the quad stack magazines used on the Spectre M4 9mm SMG. I'd be happy to see this in the future; it'd make a great starter mag.
    Instructions: Remain calm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like the AK74 Quad Stack....
    I am the rusted fender of the American Dream.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Slinger646 View Post
    Looks like the AK74 Quad Stack....
    LOL I was just about to say the same thing...
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I REALLY hope this works as well as the P-MAG. This would be perfect for home defense usage on standby. 50 rounds of GTFO on hand w/out a mag coupler or redi-mag.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast