Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P and Trijicon RMR

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I hear washout isn't bad. How about when coupled with a weapon or other defensive light in a dark room?
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal dose View Post
    I hear washout isn't bad. How about when coupled with a weapon or other defensive light in a dark room?
    In order for washout to happen, you would need to be in a dark room looking into another room (that is extremely bright) or looking outside for it to happen.

In a small room (that is painted white) with a high power light (like an X300), you can lose the dot.

This is why I recommend a set of CT Laser Grips OR a back up irons. My gun has three sighting systems on it and I find that I will use the CT laser grips in low light/shoot house environments as they are even faster than the dot (as your head is up).

C4

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Looks great Grant. I just sent my slide and RM05 off to Bowie Tactical for their machining and RMR treatment. Very excited to get the final product back.

Feedback Score
    Does the dual illumination or the battery version have more propensity to wash out in those conditions?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Does the dual illumination or the battery version have more propensity to wash out in those conditions?
    The LED is going to fight it better that the Dual illumination does. The down side to the LED one is that it is about $100 more than the other model and has electronics in it.

For me personally, the washout concern really isn't there (as a civy). Meaning that I can basically take a defensive shot in two situations (my home) and outside. I really cannot think of a circumstance where will be in my totally dark home shooting outside (where it is full sun). YMMV

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 05-19-10 at 13:57.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Grant makes a good point - in almost every context where using a pistol is called for, these are rare issues. Washing out with a bright tactical light would be my biggest concern - I guess the CT grips are 'the' solution.

What about something similar to the Bowie JPoint setups where the MiniRDS has a notch that can be used as a rear iron sight - how plausible is this for the RMR?

In any case, the moment Trijicon rolls out with a red or green dual illuminated model (7MOA or 9MOA), I'll be getting my second M&P from Grant, just like this, for this purpose.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    Grant makes a good point - in almost every context where using a pistol is called for, these are rare issues. Washing out with a bright tactical light would be my biggest concern - I guess the CT grips are 'the' solution.

What about something similar to the Bowie JPoint setups where the MiniRDS has a notch that can be used as a rear iron sight - how plausible is this for the RMR?

In any case, the moment Trijicon rolls out with a red or green dual illuminated model (7MOA or 9MOA), I'll be getting my second M&P from Grant, just like this, for this purpose.
    If you look at the pics I posted, there is a line machined on the back of the RMR. This serves as an alignment point with the front sight. Shot it tonight and was hitting the target at over 15yds just fine.

Don't know if Trijicon is going to make them in a red dot version or not, but to be honest, you eye pics up the amber faster so I really don't see a need for a red version.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    Or an X400 ($460) plus $560 for an LED RMR. How much is the gun?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    So, what's the price of the one you have in the shop?
    S/F

Al

"Hold on to your hate, it helps you stay focused"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Grant,

Did you have Bowie mill the slide on the M&P? He is the only one that I have seen that does the vertical alignment on the back of the RMR.
    Also, what made you go with the dual illuminated RMR vs the LED?
    Thanks.

O

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast