Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P and Trijicon RMR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    WANT!!!

Grant, did you send this to your machine shop or another? How long was the turn around? Can you convince The Warden that the kids can go a week with out eating?

Feedback Score
    Is that as deep as it will go into the slide? Love to see some pics from the rear with the dot, and the slide before the sight was mounted. Really sweet.

I really like the index line. Simple, rugged and there if you need it- but it doesn't look distracting. I might go with a straight black front blade just to further reduce the visual clutter. Be very interested in what you think.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 05-18-10 at 13:56.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    WANT!!!

Grant, did you send this to your machine shop or another? How long was the turn around? Can you convince The Warden that the kids can go a week with out eating?
    We used a machine shop in MI that was recommended to us by a member here.

Turn around was about 7 days.

We are looking into have it done locally though.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Is that as deep as it will go into the slide? Love to see some pics from the rear with the dot, and the slide before the sight was mounted. Really sweet.

I really like the index line. Simple, rugged and there if you need it- but it doesn't look distracting. I might go with a straight black front blade just to further reduce the visual clutter. Be very interested in what you think.
    It is as deep as you can go I think.

I like this setup a lot (especially coupled with the CT laser grips).

I also went ahead and had the machine shop do up another M&P slide so that I could match it up with an LED RMR (4MOA), Apex Tactical package and offer it for sale to anyone that didn't want to wait.

Pics of the one that is for sale below.

C4

Last edited by C4IGrant; 05-18-10 at 14:17.

Feedback Score
    I usually wrap my support hand around the rear of my slide to rack it. Have you guys with the RMRs changed the way you manipulate your handgun?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FPembleton View Post
    I usually wrap my support hand around the rear of my slide to rack it. Have you guys with the RMRs changed the way you manipulate your handgun?
    No and if anything, the RMR aids in clearing of malfunctions and such. I simply hit the front of the RMR with my hand and drive the slide reward.

I have also worked on coming over the top and grabbing down ontop of the RMR. This works as well.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 05-18-10 at 16:43.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    It is as deep as you can go I think.

By that front edge, I guess you don't need to put it that much lower. The rear made it look like it sat higher.

Be interesting to see this pic with the camera focused near infinity, which is where I assume you focus would be with this optic in a fight. The Red Dot seems too transparent and fuzzy.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    By that front edge, I guess you don't need to put it that much lower. The rear made it look like it sat higher.

Be interesting to see this pic with the camera focused near infinity, which is where I assume you focus would be with this optic in a fight. The Red Dot seems too transparent and fuzzy.
    You can barely see the front sight so you would be seeing just the dot (which is a dark, clear circle).

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    You can barely see the front sight so you would be seeing just the dot (which is a dark, clear circle).

C4
    Thanks Grant.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Thanks Grant.
    You are welcome.

C4

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast