Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The NATO powered rail

Feedback Score
    Bringing this thread back since I found this product. Kind of amazed someone is still pursuing this idea.
    http://www.criticalsafetyequipment.com/reset_inc.html

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I talked with the folks from RIPR when they came buy our booth at SHOT. They had a intergrated EoTec sight and light. I gave them a few comments on the product. It's interesting, but I would limit my comments to that. I'm not going to add them to inventory or put one on my personal rifle. If they keep push the tech maybe it will become something to revisit.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would think a rail with support for something like magnetic induction (like your electric toothbrush or "magsafe" Apple computer) would work out. The current available with existing technology would be enough for most any accessory I can think of.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Yet more proof that the people that are driving the train have spent way too much time playing videogames and watching movies and not enough behind a gun.
    How about just make them carry that gun around the range for a few minutes?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigating Collapse View Post
    Force Multiplier or Force Inhibitor?

I didn't know the Army was STILL fooling around with the "21st Century" LW programme.

On a similar note; I can't find any reference to "Kill TV" on a cursory google search.
    huh...
    not til it's small, light, cheap and redundant....

this ridiculous looking stuff does have to take place in prototype form first..
    20 years ago red dot optics and weaponlights weren't nearly as commonplace. the technology and tactics have to meet at a practical place before it really takes off.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I've been talking about this as a concept for years. Except my solution doesn't have exposed contacts.
    That's what I was thinking Rob. Those contact points are a problem waiting to happen.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Treating the infantryman like a two-legged fighter plane is idiocy at best and insane at worst.

Every time I see some sort of sci-fi bullshit being peddled as "the next step" in warrior evolution I want to puke.

It's so simple.

Give soldiers a lightweight weapon with a illuminated optic, some sort of light, and better ergonomics. Most importantly, better ergonomics.

I've yet to handle anything shoulder-fired with ergonomics comparable to the M4 platform. Make this a NATO-standard, give Magpul a contract for the MOE handguards, and you've got a lightweight, modular system that requires no additional Research/Engineering/Development. Screw the RFP/Contract bullshit, and just get something off the shelf. Standardise battery types, issue lightweight/compact kit, and be done with it.

This is the same type of thinking that brought the Army ARPAT/UCP.

Big Army thinking means if you reduce weight then the soldier can carry more.

Funny how looking at WW2 pictures you never see soldiers fighting with even 50lbs of gear on yet now over 100 is normal. Then we wonder why are troops want to stay close to the vehicles, and can't chase bad guys up mountains. Plus how many guys have ****ed up backs and knees after 1-2 deployments because of all the weight? I know I do. Wearing 70lbs of gear 12hrs a day mostly standing will do that.

Feedback Score
    Force Multiplier or Force Inhibitor?

I didn't know the Army was STILL fooling around with the "21st Century" LW programme.

On a similar note; I can't find any reference to "Kill TV" on a cursory google search.
    forgive my ignorance, but what exactly am I looking at in that picture? besides PEQ device on top, and light/IRlight on left side? What type of aiming device (scope doesn't seem appropriate) is that?
    "Doc, can you check out this thing I got?"
    -Every Marine, ever.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123