Page 7 of 149 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There are a few different ways, the way I did it is pretty 'ghetto' but it works and was cheap. I bolted the holster to a piece of kydex and then used a couple of short MALICE clips to attach the kydex to the webbing.
    Thanks for the reply. The kydex would make the mount solid.

I was thinking of two layers of polypropylene webbing sewn together that could be run through the holster loops; Then use either belt keepers or MALICE clips that run between the layers
    to secure the webbing to the belt.

"The war against this enemy is more than a military conflict. It is the decisive ideological struggle of the 21st century and the calling of our generation." George W. Bush

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

riding up?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Is anyone running a belt setup without any kind of thigh attachment at all? Maybe something with a duty-style holster mounted directly to the belt? If so, any issues keeping the belt from riding up?
    A solution I used when i was in Patrol was with the eagle duty belt, which has the soft female velcro lining the inside. I had eagle fix me up one of their inner pants belt with the hard male velcro lining the outside of this inner pants pants belt.

It worked well for me. The only place you did not have velcro attatchment is where you have pouches.

This set up did ruin the polyester belt loops on the uniform pants, but who cares they are issued anyway.

I liked this as I did not have to use keepers.

Just my experience.
    Jack

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I prefer to run a belt with minimal bulk on it. I carry a holster (usually a Blade-tech), Surefire C2, and 1 G19 mag on a Liger belt.

Some guys here have more M4 mags on their belt than I carry on my entire kit in Iraq. (I keep 12 more in a DBT E&E bag...) That can't be comfortable...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplophile View Post
    There are a few different ways, the way I did it is pretty 'ghetto' but it works and was cheap. I bolted the holster to a piece of kydex and then used a couple of short MALICE clips to attach the kydex to the webbing.

That's looks pretty cool Ken. I need to 'modificate' one of my holsters to fit my 1911 to my belt.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    I prefer to run a belt with minimal bulk on it. I carry a holster (usually a Blade-tech), Surefire C2, and 1 G19 mag on a Liger belt.
    Good CCW gear. What do you have on your belt when you go to Iraq?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It used to be less. I added the flashlight off of my plate carrier when I slimmed it down.

A basic load on your leg along with a med kit an a GP pouch with a pistol on the other does wonders for immobility and getting hung up on stuff.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post

Some guys here have more M4 mags on their belt than I carry on my entire kit in Iraq. (I keep 12 more in a DBT E&E bag...) That can't be comfortable...
    How do you like that Liger belt, compared to a traditional rigger's/Wilderness belt?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's a pretty nice belt. It's very flexible longways, but absolutely will not roll and is impervious to the elements unlike leather. It's also nice to be able to wear it with any type clothing and not stand out. I just wish it had a different buckle, the one on it is bombproof, but not very user friendly.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What about something like a Blade Tech DOH attached to an Eagle Duty Belt? The DOH is available with up to a 2.25" loop. Eagle's site doesn't say what width their belt is and I don't have mine handy. Anyone know the width?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They are 2.25. I use the DOH on my holster to keep it out of the way of my armor, it's pretty nice. If you already have a holster, blade-tech sells the hanger for $12.

Page 7 of 149 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast