Page 16 of 105 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Weaponlight mount pic thread?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Here's mine. Sorry for the crappy pics.

I just set this up and really like it so far. Activation is ambidextrous and the light is mounted tight to the gun. While it isn't a true 12:00 setup, it's high enough that with the Malkoff M60WF lamp, it doesn't cast a barrel shadow that gets in the way of much.

Positive and negative critiques welcomed. I'm always looking for a better way to do things.

BTW, thanks for hooking me up with the Vltor mount Grant!

Last edited by glocktogo; 12-02-09 at 23:48.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    E1L and Viking mount

Last edited by JBecker 72; 12-03-09 at 00:06.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    (snip) While it isn't a true 12:00 setup, it's high enough that with the Malkoff M60WF lamp, it doesn't cast a barrel shadow that gets in the way of much. (snip)
    Light setup looks good. How are you liking the Malkoff lamp and what kind of battery life are you getting out of it?

I'm looking at one of these for my 6P LED and 9P.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just curious why this thread is not stickied?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthforce75 View Post
    I don't think the other poster meant to start a fight over it. I was thinking the exact thing you were thinking... (Everything is made over there anyway)...

I'll preform my own "Ruggedness Tests"...
    Malkoff M60's are Made in the USA and well worth the money.
    Jesus said, "I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled!" - Luke 12:49

Feedback Score
    -2 (0%)
    Hey glocktogo is that a tape switch on a surefire 6p? If it is where can I get one?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I got one a few years back for my 6p. I believe It is a Tac-Star or something... its so long ago that I do not remember... but I think thats who made it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is my new light set up. The light is a Pelican M6 2390 with a Pelican remote switch. The rail is a GG&G QD SLiC Thing with a 1" Weaver scope ring to attach the light. I don't like wires hanging out, so I wrapped it around the hand guard cap before securing the switch to the hand guard with two rubber bands.

Things I like about this set up:
    I like the location of the switch because I can activate the light shooting left or right handed, but I don't easily get a negligent light discharge compared to mounting the switch on either side (either when handling the carbine or storing it in a case). The light itself doesn't obstruct my view at all when shooting right handed, either using the iron sights or both eyes open with a red dot, and the beam is right where I like it.

Things I'm not sure about yet:
    I would rather have secured the light to the rail by the light's body itself instead of the tail cap, but it would be too difficult to change batteries that way. I'm also not too sure how well the wire will hold up to the heat from the front sight base. I guess I won't know for sure until I take this set up to a carbine class. Pictures below, comments welcome -

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Once upon a time ... but long gone now (the mount, not the carbine)

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Page 16 of 105 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast