Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurion Arms Hammer forged Light weight Barrel

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wes- yup a light weight contour did it. We had shot yard lines from 100-800 so by the time we got back there I was dialed in with the system. It was a 10 shot group using a leupold 3-9 power.

Thanks
    Monty

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Two followup questions.

Diameter under handguards? (sorry if I missed it, re-read the thread and didn't see it)
    Weight of 16" mid lightweight barrel after chopping and re-threading at 14.5"?

Feedback Score
    A follow to Rob's 14.5 question...
    Since the first batch of 14.5 middys are to be cut down from 16's, how significant will the loss in tapering be compared to the "factory" 16 or 12 which I assume are rifled with the same preset taper measurement at the end?
    Also, I see on another site that CA barrel crowns are both chamfered and recessed with the chrome extending all the way out to the entire recessed surface (this particular feature I really like). How are the 14.5 middys' re-crowning finished? Are they re-chromed to come out just like the factory crowns or just phosphated?
    Last edited by Col_Crocs; 02-03-10 at 18:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    hey monty email sent on the lowside

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Diameter under handguards?
    As I measured mine: .680", tapering down to .600".
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    Since the first batch of 14.5 middys are to be cut down from 16's, how significant will the loss in tapering be compared to the "factory" 16 or 12 which I assume are rifled with the same preset taper measurement at the end?
    There is no taper in front of the gas block, just a straight .680".
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    Thanks for responding Wes. Sorry, I shouldve been more clear. I was referring to the tapered bore feature of CA HF barrels for added accuracy and not the exterior profile.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Rob-its a gov profile under the handguards and I'll get the weight here soon.

Crocs-it will not have a recessed crown and yes some not all of the tapper will be gone from the bore.

Joe- rog will check it tomorrow

Thanks
    Monty

Feedback Score
    Thanks Grinch! a couple of final clarifications... The factory 16 mid weight, 16 light and 12 light HF barrels all still come with the same chromed recessed crowns as well as the same tapered bore dimensions and only differ slightly in exterior profiles/dimensions? lastly, what are the actual markings on your current barrels? The ones on the first page are stamped with Centurion Arms HF 1-7 and I see some around the web stamped with the CA logo...
    Last edited by Col_Crocs; 02-04-10 at 07:33.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Monty-

You guys get those 14.5s cut yet?

I just noticed your 12.5s are midlength systems too, but are lightweight. I'm considering one of those instead but don't want a huge POI shift between supressed and unsupressed. I have a 21 oz. Gemtech G5 that will be hanging off of the end...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast