Thread: Blitz_308's (Justin) Gunfight Tactics, Wounds and Recovery (Graphic Pics included)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt LE6920 View Post
    I've heard of this one-piece, "safetiless" back strap that Novak makes that would ideally have fixed his grip problem: http://www.novaksights.com/what's_ne...K_STRAP_ANSWER

Does anybody have any experience with it? Is it GTG?
    Ken Hackathorn has that on his main carry 1911. I know this because I personally handled the weapon during his Advanced handgun class in October. I was audacious enough to ask to play with his 1911 and he was kind enough to let me.

Looked like a good idea to me if someone was concerned about grip safeties.

Quote Originally Posted by jman4427 View Post
    I am surprised at how calm he stayed throughout the whole ordeal. I also found it interesting that the BG fired all of his rounds and would have continued to fire if he had more bullets. The people who carry revolvers because they they think "If I cant handle the situation in six shots, I never will" or "The average number of shots fired in a shooting is 3.6 so I am good with 6" should maybe reconsider their carry choice.
    Speaking of Ken, in his class he made a point to distinguish between shootings and gunfights. Shootings are events where one party does the shooting. Generally they are over in a couple of rounds. Gunfights are events where at least two parties exchange rounds...and generally people shoot until their weapon is empty and beat feet if they are still able to when the gun stops going boom. Shootings outnumber gunfights by a significant margin. Trouble is you don't get to pick which one you are going to face.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 01-21-10 at 21:25.