Page 24 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The appeal to me is to increase mobility, not impede it.

Since I'm not using a plate, I have a vest. I've used plate carriers in the past, since I like the MOLLE platform, and the lack of a zipper means more real-estate for kit.

I've used a BH Omega and a STRIKE plate carrier, I've also used the TT MAV.

Of the three, the MAV afforded the most mobility.

I want to get stuff off my core, so I have better shoulder rotation, fewer snag points in my workspace, and better load displacement.

Load carriage on the pelvis is the most efficient way to go.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Foxtrot View Post
    i cant get too excited about these damn belts.
    Don't worry, give it a couple of years and the pendulum will swing back the other way and "Rhodesian" rigs will be trendy again.

Feedback Score
    In a home defense situation I'd just stuff mags and a first aid kit in cargo pants I think. For training and major social disturbances I'm liking war belt and suspenders because to me it just distribute the load better. But then again, I just can't have that much stuff on the belt without causing issues. The most I see is 3~4 primary mags, 4 secondary mags, light, ifak, and storage pouch for other stuff. Adding a chest rig is an option I played with (TT 2 piece MAV, Eagle FB chest rig), but too many straps are bad.

Obviously I still need to play with gear setup a lot more

What I got so far is this setup (I'm still playing with the pouch setup)

The belt is a Blackwater IO belt I picked up for $20 back when everything was on sale.

The suspenders are HSGI, cut and mated to a Tactical Tailor X-Harness. (In retrospect I may want to go with a ATS H-Harness or OSOE H-Harness for lower profile) and allows a hydration pouch to be connected on the back.

Since the blackwater belt is not like the sleeves setup where one can access the inner belt, I chose to keep the pistol holster (either bladetech 1.5" drop or Safariland 6004 dropleg) connected to the pants belt still. There are ways to get around this of course.

The chest piece is a TT Mav BiB, connected to the X-Harness using 1.5" SR buckles. A strap around the body was made with 1" webbing and 1" repair SR buckles. It can be added and removed quite easily. It allows 3x8 rows of molle. One can use a TT MAP bib instead also. For even more real estate one can hook up a TT MAP or TT MAV. I would imaging other micro rigs on the market can be adapted also.
    Last edited by zchen; 10-12-09 at 21:04. Reason: spelling
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Updated Belt Pics

Double posts
    Last edited by Tornado_Racing; 11-02-09 at 05:33.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

A good 2.25 inche tac belt?

I recently purchased a Safariland 6285 (1.5-inch Drop Level II Holster - Tac Light - STX Finish ~STX Tactical / Right Draw {14B}) to fit my XDm 40 with a TLR1 weapon light.

It fits the weapon great, but on a standard 2 inch web belt it wants to flip up on the draw. The belt loop is 2.25 inches and I am having a hard time finding a belt that would fit my 34 inch waist.

I don't need anything too beefy. I run a Eagle Active Shooter chest harness to carry all my magazines.

Can anyone recommend a good belt?
    Last edited by Waggoneer; 10-15-09 at 17:03. Reason: punctuation
    Manus haec inimica tyrannis ense petit placidam sub libertate quietam ~1659

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    It works great! The strapless design is infinitely more comfortable than standard drop leg holsters and does not impede movement. I liked it so much I got a second Blade-Tech DOH holster for regular range use. Plus, at about $80 it is a cheaper alternative to drop leg holsters. You really should try one for yourself!
    Panzerr: Can the DOH be attached to a 2.5 pistol belt, or will it only work with a Rigger's belt as the base?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    "Can anyone recommend a good belt?"

In this case, The stiffer the better. I also use a 6285 holster on my 1st line belt. Its attached to an ATS Belt that runs through the MOLLE Sleeve. Think Duty Belt type stiffness.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigating Collapse View Post
    Panzerr: Can the DOH be attached to a 2.5 pistol belt, or will it only work with a Rigger's belt as the base?

The DOH adapter is adjustable up to 2 5/16" opening. It should be able to take a single thickness pistol belt no problem so long as it isn't any wider than 2 5/16".
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    The DOH adapter is adjustable up to 2 5/16" opening. It should be able to take a single thickness pistol belt no problem so long as it isn't any wider than 2 5/16".
    Roger that. I think I've found my next holster.

Like you, I find that DL anything drives me bonkers. The Bladetech looks like it gets it out of the way, but without the annoying flop/constrictor/twister game of the DL platforms.

Thanks for the help.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

ICE V3 Adjustable Battle Belt (Eagle Duty Belt on the inside)
    Eagle Single FB 5.56 Pouches
    Eagle Double 9mm FB pouches
    Eagle 9mm Pouch (multitool)
    Raven Concealment Phantom LC (M&P Pro + X300)
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Page 24 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast