Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling - single point mod

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by castillo View Post
    Yes, but it still attaches at the same 'point', hence the single point.
    What every you say . Maybe my monitor isn't as nice as your's is. I see 2 points of attachment on the weapon. I would assume single point means one spot where it's attached to the rifle itself. I apologize didn't mean to turn the thread into a debate. If it works for you that's all that matters. What the definition is doesn't.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Where did you guys that are using BFG Sling order your HK Hooks from? I ordered a 1" from Urban Tactical and it's way to small to get the material through. Does the one from Blue force fit their webbing?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I got my HK hook from BFG. Get the 1.25", although you can stuff the webbing through the 1".

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I got my HK hook from BFG. Get the 1.25", although you can stuff the webbing through the 1".
    thanks I only see 1" listed on site. Will call them I guess

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I only see the 1" too. I'm pretty sure I just jammed the webbing through the 1" and didn't even use the 1.25" I bought. Brownells has the 1.25" too.

You can see that it's bunched up here

Last edited by rob_s; 10-16-09 at 13:41.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I only see the 1" too. I'm pretty sure I just jammed the webbing through the 1" and didn't even use the 1.25" I bought. Brownells has the 1.25" too.

You can see that it's bunched up here

Thanks rob that's what I thought also

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    No one has the BlackHawk HK in stock. I found them at Wilderness tactical for 4.50 so I ordered on from them.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker53; 10-16-09 at 15:58.

Feedback Score
    Lots of great ideas here. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Doing something similar right now with a LaRue padded sling.
    If It works out for me, I'll post photos and a description of what I did.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frens View Post
    getting closer to the MS2

Nice sling where agin did you get the parts??

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Bringing this one back because it seems to be an appropriate place for this question...

I'm trying to buy the parts for two carbines for 1/2 slinging, probably with a Gear Sector GS2P - one will use either HK hooks or MASH clips, the second all QD. My only past slinging experience has been with standard 'carry" slings, and I want to try both attachment ways to see what I prefer going forward.

The first has an ASAP plate, and I'm trying to rig a MOE handguard loop like rob_s did above. This one seems simple to switch 1/2 - unclip from the handguard, clip onto an inline loop at the rear or even to the rear clip. Plenty of pics above illustrate this method.

The QD one is where I'm not sure. This one is going on a carbine I'm rebuilding where I plan on having an ACS with QD cup, a Noveske QD endplate and a QD socket on the handguard. I see this as using the ACS and handguard QD cups for two point slinging and moving the rear from the ACS to the endplate when going 1/2. Where I'm getting hung up is how to attach the front end of the sling to the rear when transitioning to single point - sew a QD cup on a loop into the rear of the sling (assuming such a thing is even made)? Sapper36 up on page 2 did his using a carabiner on the rear, I'm looking for more ideas.

Is a 1/2 transition practical using all QD hardware? I can see possibly having to go hybrid hook/QD like rob_s and others have done.

Another possibility is doing something like Singlestacker45 did above using something like a TD PR-4 instead of the Noveske - but I'd prefer to have the second attachment point be on the sling tail instead of the weapon.

Maybe the best option for me is to do like Surf did and attach QD loops to all three points and use HK/MASH hooks on the sling to clip into these?

Too many options with QD, my head hurts.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast