Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling - single point mod

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Rob,

I like what you are trying to do with your sling setup. Please keep us informed as to how it works out. When you have it all tailored, get someone to manufacture it. Keep up the inventive ideas flowing. It is great to see everyone's ideas.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I have a new KZ sling that cobverts from Two point to One point... Ill take some pics and get them posted as soon as i get a chance...

B
    Buck is there any way to get just the QD socket hardware for the sling? The red colored hardware?

From Botach
    "CNC machined type 2 class 3 hard anodized adjuster & QD custom hardware, dark red for easy visibility."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I have a new KZ sling that cobverts from Two point to One point... Ill take some pics and get them posted as soon as i get a chance...

B
    Buck is there any way to get just buy the QD socket hardware for the sling? The red colored hardware?

From Botach
    "CNC machined type 2 class 3 hard anodized adjuster & QD custom hardware, dark red for easy visibility."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It is different from that one, but works on a similar principal... ill get some pics up I promise... The hardware is not available separately yet...

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by oef24 View Post
    Rob,

I like what you are trying to do with your sling setup. Please keep us informed as to how it works out. When you have it all tailored, get someone to manufacture it. Keep up the inventive ideas flowing. It is great to see everyone's ideas.
    I think I'm pretty close to a "final" version. I just need to tweak a few things and spend a few minutes with a dremel and I should be good to go. I ran my current setup for 3 days in a carbine class a couple of weeks ago with no issues other than the screws on the handguard mount coming loose (but not falling off). I didn't loctite them on purpose because I knew I'd be playing around with the setup some more.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like this idea a lot. I have an MS2 now and some of your points are very good.

What I'm considering is using the hardware from the MS2 and the VTAC sling itself, plus some kind of metal loop (like yours) for a hybrid of the two.

I like the way the hardware works on the MS2 so I want to retain it.

Feedback Score
    looks good

Feedback Score
    The perfect sling is like the perfect holster, not to be found. Anybody that doesn't have a box of both isn't trying.
    Peace, Jerry

I don't drink the koolaid

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like it, i think the MS2 could be wider

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Only had this for dry runs around the house this morning. The snap-hook is from an AK and is not ideal, and the front attachment point could use work. Will give it a workout on Tuesday at drills night.

Clearly inspired by the Magpul MS2, but with a few changes to address issues I have found in my use of the MS2. Primarily the jaws and the width of material, as well as the resistance to adjustment of the MS2.

Two-point attachment point (courtesy West Marine)

Set up as two-point

Rob I was wondering if you ever continued to modify your strap?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast