Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
It's amazing how different things are when you are running drills on the flat range "slick", and then performing them with all sorts of gear on (body armor, mags, etc).

For me, wearing full kit = moving like a slug and totally sucking wind.

Short of just wearing full kit everyday (maybe that's the ticket, but not an option for me), do you folks have a regimen that incorporates the additional burden of kit?

At some point I'd like to be able to run 2 miles in full kit (and live to tell about it).
Don't take this the wrong way, but as I suggested to you at the Street Fighter class you need to get in shape period if you want to be able to keep up with any sort of dynamic training.

It wasn't the kit that was slowing you down.

Extra weight is extra weight, whether its on your body or on your kit. Start with basic weight loss exercises such as walking or jogging.

Legs are the foundation- try doing air squats. It'll help with all the underdeveloped muscles you don't use when you're at the office and is directly applicable to all the fire and movement drills you've mentioned. 10 sets of 10, no time constraint. Once you're able to do those without slowing down bump it up to 12/12 or 15/15, etc.

Push ups are another easy way to build up your arms and shoulders. Doesn't cost anything and can do them anywhere.

As others have stated doing sprints is another exercise that's relevant to what you're trying to accomplish.

Hope this helps.